Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 MacDonalds no longer pushing the Fruitburger with side order of Ghey... 
    http://www.afa.net/endmcdonaldsboycott.htm

AFA ends boycott: McDonald's agrees to changes

October 9, 2008

McDonald's has told AFA they will remain neutral in the culture war regarding homosexual marriage. AFA is ending the boycott of McDonald's. As you know, AFA called for the boycott in May after McDonald's joined the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC).

McDonald's said McDonald's Vice President Richard Ellis has resigned his position on the board of NGLCC and that his seat on the board will not be replaced. McDonald's also said that the company has no plans to renew their membership in NGLCC when it expires in December.

In an e-mail to McDonald's franchised owners the company said, "It is our policy to not be involved in political and social issues. McDonald's remains neutral on same sex marriage or any 'homosexual agenda' as defined by the American Family Association."

We appreciate the decision by McDonald's to no longer support political activity by homosexual activist organizations. You might want to thank your local McDonald's manager.
    Ronald and the Hamburglar are still set to be married in San Francisco in November though.

Eyelids
    So much for tolerance.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    So much for tolerance.
    The only way to be tolerant of homosexuals is to actively campaign on their behalf?

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    The only way to be tolerant of homosexuals is to actively campaign on their behalf?
    How about not being strong-armed out of it by a bunch of hate-filled religious extremists?

So much for tolerance.
    What do you mean? When you "tolerate" something, you allow it to happen without supporting it or liking it. Nobody "tolerates" anything they enjoy or want to promote.

McDonald's doesn't need to cater to any special interest groups in order to maintain their business model. In fact, the less they inject ideas about sexual behavior, politics, religion, or race into their public image, the wider their customer becomes.

Eyelids
    I wonder if you guys would feel the same way if McDonald's was withdrawing for a Christian group that promoted "Good Christian Values" (read: fag-hating).

I wonder if you guys would feel the same way if McDonald's was withdrawing for a Christian group that promoted "Good Christian Values" (read: fag-hating).
    You need to clarify what you're saying. Would we think it was a good idea if McDonald's stopped funding organizations that promoted preferential hiring of Christians, supported injecting Christian issues into the workplace, or supported educating employees in the Christian worldview so they could relate to their Christian coworkers better?

You bet we'd want it stopped.

A true Christian does not hate homosexuals.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

noonwitch
    The vehemence of the AFA's opposition to anything gay makes me wonder how secure the average member is about his or her own sexuality. But who really cares if Ford advertises in a gay magazine? I see that the AFA's decade or longer boycott of Disney has successfully shut down that evil empire!

I don't know anything about the particular organization that the AFA objected to McDonalds' being involved with, so I can't comment about Ginger's claims that they advocate for preferential hiring of gays, and so on. But my sister has been the executive director of a YWCA chapter in a rural part of Michigan and she has put up with a lot of hate from "Family Values" people who didn't like it that the gay organization under the Y's umbrella of services had a float in the local festival-not a SF style Gay Pride float, a float featuring a large US flag and the name of the organization written along the bottom of the float. People were walking up to my sister in the store and calling her names in front of her children, sending death threats, leaving nasty messages on her office voice mail, and so on. That's some pretty sick hatred, to curse out a mother in front of her children (both of whom were under 8 at the time) because you don't want a gay organization to have a tasteful float in the local parade. I'm pretty sure no one who posts here would act like that, whatever their opinion may be. I'm not so sure about the freepers.

We should all boycott McDonalds, not because of any political agenda, but because their food is wonderful-tasting, addictive poison. Just driving by one of their restaurants and getting a whiff of the food makes me crave it.

Eyelids
    I already smoke and drink, if I ate McDonalds I'd be dead before my 30th birthday.