1. #1 I said this last year and it deserves repeating. We didn't fight for your freedom. 
    link

upaloopa (3,828 posts)

I said this last year and it deserves repeating. We didn't fight for your freedom.
    I am a Vietnam vet. I was drafted and sent to war. In that war I fought to survive and for the survival of my platoon. Your freedom was not on the line but my life was. You and I were pawns of the MIC. The same goes for Iraq and Afghanistan vets.

I get a class news letter each year at this time and it is that letter which brings me to write this. In the class letter is all the "fight for freedom" Freedom isn't free", You owe your freedom to a vet" bull shit. I think that talk is more for the writer's good feelings than it is for mine.

We will never really face the truth about these wars if we continue to fool ourselves and make excuses for spending billions on death and destruction so a handful of wealthy people like Dick Cheney can grow their wealth.

I really hate what this day has become. A flag waving patriot barbecue day to swill beer on what usually would be just another work day.

Me I am left with my memories. I don't need any thanks.
    randys1 (885 posts)
    3. Thanks for your thoughts, and your service, but like you said, you didnt do it for me and I didnt

ask you to either.

We know why you were forced to fight and who profited, same types of folks who are today.

Americans (most) have no clue how our military and wars are seen by the rest of the world, if they did, would they care?

If they knew that most think of us as the death star types and most of our enemies as rebel alliances, would they care?
    NuclearDem (8,071 posts)
    5. The "thank a vet for your freedom" meme makes me sick. As a veteran.

I owe what freedom I have to activists, whistleblowers, protestors, and lawyers, not how many Taliban insurgents I helped kill.
    Star Member TexasTowelie (9,044 posts)
    7. The only war that I feel was fought for our freedom was World War II--

or at least a significant case could be made for that war. The rest of the wars that this country fought were to preserve the economic interests of the wealthy.
    DesertDiamond (1,130 posts)
    34. Thank you. This is such a tough subject because when people who believe wars are for our freedom

and most especially if their loved ones died that way, or came back damaged, telling them it was all for corporations and not for our freedom makes them totally freak out. I have had so much rage dumped on me because of trying to wake people up to this fact. But it's worth it -- as you say, if we continue to let people be deluded about war, corporations can manipulate us into war every time.
    There were lots of "good post", clapping, +1000, etc.

Those people are so clueless. Today is not Veteran's Day. Today is a day to honor the fallen of all past wars.

Star Member TexasTowelie (9,044 posts)
    7. The only war that I feel was fought for our freedom was World War II--

or at least a significant case could be made for that war. The rest of the wars that this country fought were to preserve the economic interests of the wealthy.
    That's right. The Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Civil War, and WW1 were just a stupid waste of time and wealth. We shouldn't have declared war on Japan after Pearl Harbor, or on Germany after they declared war on us and started sinking our ships in the Atlantic. We shouldn't have defended South Korea. I won't defend the Vietnam War having served in Laos; it was fabricated by a Democrat. But we couldn't stand by after 9/11/01. However going back into Afghanistan while calling it the "right war", or Libya, or supplying al-Qaeda in Syria with weapons were more misadventures by Democrats.

It's the Democrat tyrants who see force as THE solution.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Why don't they just move to where they can say....God save the queen, King, dictator, supreme leader, beloved leader, dear leader....or why me?

And right on cue the fake "veterans" of DU spit on the service of those of those who really did have the balls to stand up and defend this country and all that it stands for.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lock and load View Post
    Those people are so clueless. Today is not Veteran's Day. Today is a day to honor the fallen of all past wars.
    Exactly. And that is in no way meant to denigrate those of you who have served, I would never do such a thing.

Today is about remembrance of those who died serving us.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Try saying 'Arigato,' 'Danke sehr,' 'Spasseebuh,' or 'Thanks so veddy much, old man' over the grave of Wellstone, Milk, or some other wretched dead Progressive politician, then, you dipshit.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Try saying 'Arigato,' 'Danke sehr,' 'Spasseebuh,' or 'Thanks so veddy much, old man' over the grave of Wellstone, Milk, or some other wretched dead Progressive politician, then, you dipshit.
    Can we include Fat ol' dead Teddy? Pretty please?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

If he was drafted but didn't believe in the war, why didn't he flee to Canada with the rest of the draft dodgers?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.