1. #1 NYPD receives funding to equip officers with life-saving heroin antidote naloxone 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    DUmmies happy? Come on, you know better...

Tue May 27, 2014, 04:52 PM
    struggle4progress

NYPD receives funding to equip officers with life-saving heroin antidote naloxone

By Rande Iaboni, CNN
    updated 4:10 PM EDT, Tue May 27, 2014

(CNN) -- The New York Police Department, the largest police force in the United States, announced Tuesday that it has received funding to equip close to 20,000 officers with naloxone, a heroin antidote that can instantly reverse the effects of an overdose.

State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman declared that his office would provide the funding of more than $1.1 million to equip and train the NYPD officers as part of the Community Overdose Prevention Program.

"By providing NYPD police officers with naloxone, we are making this stunningly effective overdose antidote available in every corner of the five boroughs. This program will literally save lives," Schneiderman said at a press conference.

Each naloxone kit consists of a zip bag or pouch containing two pre-filled syringes of naloxone, two atomizers for nasal administration, sterile gloves and a booklet on the use of the drug, according to a statement from Schneiderman's office ...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/27/us/new...roin-antidote/
    Isn't there one particular DUmmie that should be happy???
    May the FORCE be with you!

NARCAN field kits.

That'll harsh a few buzzes!
    It is the right and duty of the citizen to be at all times armed.
    - Thomas Jefferson

What a waste of money. They could have spent that on guns and ammo to kill the druggies. They could have also spent the money on defibrillators for emergency personnel .

Why cant they just top them off with a little more heroin?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Umm, the cops don't call paramedics to deal with these cases? Aren't the paramedics more likely to be the first responders on these, I mean, who is going to rat out their drug buddy to the cops if they could ask for a paramedic instead? And how many of the cops are going to go ahead and shoot this stuff into someone without having a paramedic or doc tell them it looks like a heroin OD to them?

I'll bet Taverner is bummed out that this shit even exists.

As a LEO I wouldn't use one of these kits for all the tea in China. Waaayyyy too much room for lawsuits as it is without dropping this albatross on us. You put that shit in your arm, you deal with it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Umm, the cops don't call paramedics to deal with these cases? Aren't the paramedics more likely to be the first responders on these, I mean, who is going to rat out their drug buddy to the cops if they could ask for a paramedic instead? And how many of the cops are going to go ahead and shoot this stuff into someone without having a paramedic or doc tell them it looks like a heroin OD to them?

I'll bet Taverner is bummed out that this shit even exists.
    My thoughts exactly!
    What good is a "Heroin OD kit" going to be for a Cocaine (or any of the other myriad illicit drugs) OD?

And as NJ said, there is a HUGE potential for LEO lawsuits over this one!

BB
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    As a LEO I wouldn't use one of these kits for all the tea in China. Waaayyyy too much room for lawsuits as it is without dropping this albatross on us. You put that shit in your arm, you deal with it.

It seems like something more for paramedics to use than cops. I understand learning CPR and other useful skills like that, but this could go wrong very easily.

This is the nanny state gone crazy again. In the words of Nancy Reagan, "Just say no".

We're not their babysitters. The cops have enough to do.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS