Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I usually let the anti-Michelle stuff go, but this is really wrong. Is there any reason to sink to such a level? There is absolutely nothing in her backround to indicate that she is in any way slutty. It's one thing to criticize or mock the things she has done or said (or that she wears), but there is no reason to basically call her a prostitute or a slut.
    She's a trained attorney. Think of all the generic attorney jokes. There's nothing that indicates that she is a slut. However, there are so many things that she does that get people upset----like all those super expensive vacations. She is a polarizing figure.

Things are so upsetting with the direction this country is taking that it prompts remarks said out of total frustration. Several examples are the horrific treatment of vets and the ignoring by the administration of that marine in Mexico that they haven't lifted a finger to help.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I usually let the anti-Michelle stuff go, but this is really wrong. Is there any reason to sink to such a level? There is absolutely nothing in her backround to indicate that she is in any way slutty. It's one thing to criticize or mock the things she has done or said (or that she wears), but there is no reason to basically call her a prostitute or a slut.
    I'll call her/it what I want. You don't like what I say, don't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcoastie! View Post
    I'll call her/it what I want. You don't like what I say, don't read it.

Call her what you want and be judged as an ignorant misogynist by thinking people.

Newt Gingrich is a slut. So is Bill Clinton. They are men, though, so they tend to get called "players" or "serial philanderers", which really doesn't have the same stigma as slut does.

Madonna is a slut. Lindsay Lohan is a slut. All of the examples I've given, regardless of gender, are people who are publicly known to be or to have been sexually promiscuous. Michelle Obama is not in that category-you might hate her for her politics, but she is not a slut.

Power CUer
    Don't be too hard on him, Noonie. He probably has more experience with sluts and prostitutes than you do.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

How about we settle for an extravagent spender. Here's an example of one of their trips:

Big Spender

It took almost a year to get the records, but Judicial Watch says American taxpayers had to foot a hefty bill for the Obamas' trip to Africa last summer.
    The Washington, DC-based legal advocacy group announced last week it received documentation from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security revealing that the Secret Service entourage accompanying President Obama and his family from June 27 to July 3, 2013, incurred more than $2.1 million in lodging, entertainment, and security expenses.
    The records came in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed July 3, 2013.

Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, says the presidential family either doesn't understand the value of a dollar – "or [they] understand it all too well when someone else is picking up the tab."

Discussing the economic situation leading up to the vacation, Fitton points out "we have a tremendous [national] debt, we have a government spending out of control – but when they went abroad last year, you had a sequester and you had White House tours being shut down, and the president never curtailed his travel."

In March 2014, Judicial Watch released flight expense records from the U.S. Department of the Air Force revealing that the Obama family also incurred flight expenses in excess of $8.1 million for flights to, from, and around Africa during the Africa trip. The trip totaled 35.5 hours at $228,288 an hour.

"These numbers, we've kind of had to force them out of the administration," Fitton explains. "We either had to sue or wait and wait and wait for the information to come through. So in the least there needs to be transparency about these costs so the American people can judge them as to whether they're appropriate or not."

According to various press reports prior to the trip, the total cost of the Obama family trip was estimated at between $60 million and $100 million.

----

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

Power CUer
    And that's absolutely legit - criticism of policies, spending, etc. But I agree with Noonie that the ugly, personal, imaginary stuff is out of line.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    And that's absolutely legit - criticism of policies, spending, etc. But I agree with Noonie that the ugly, personal, imaginary stuff is out of line.
    It's out of line for all parties. I seem to remember all those remarks about Bush (Chimpy) and his ears. The list can go on and on for both parties, equally wrong.

"

Call her what you want and be judged as an ignorant misogynist by thinking people.

Newt Gingrich is a slut. So is Bill Clinton. They are men, though, so they tend to get called "players" or "serial philanderers", which really doesn't have the same stigma as slut does.

Madonna is a slut. Lindsay Lohan is a slut. All of the examples I've given, regardless of gender, are people who are publicly known to be or to have been sexually promiscuous. Michelle Obama is not in that category-you might hate her for her politics, but she is not a slut.
    She's what I called her because she will assume any position necessary to satisfy some dimbos.