1. #1 America...what the hell is wrong with us? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    WooHoo!

Thu Jun 5, 2014, 11:11 AM
    babylonsister

America...what the hell is wrong with us?

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/a...g-with-us.html

America...what the hell is wrong with us?

snip//

Over the weekend, residents in Hailey -- people who actually know the Bergdahls -- were ecstatic over news of the release of the town's native son. Now, the victory celebration is canceled, but the ugliness doesn't stop there:

Drussel said many of the calls are cancelling trips to the town of about 8,000. "Well, number one is, how dare we as a community support someone who in their mind they’re thinking of as a 'deserter,' a traitor. That they had plans to come here on their vacation, they’re no longer coming, they’re cancelling their reservations."

"I just find that shocking," she said. "You know, we’re Americans, and we need to act like Americans, and to me that’s un-American. Let things play out, and if there needs to be action taken, I’m sure it will be taken. But that’s not the city of Hailey’s responsibility."

This is a whole disgusting level below the normal day-to-day hypocrisy of American politics. These responses are the product of a moral sickness -- and most pathetic are the ones who call themselves pro-life or who obsess over what they say is the loss of freedom in this country, yet they'd rather see their fellow human Bowe Bergdahl lose his freedom or even die all because of their blind hatred of the man in the Oval Office. Look, if the Army wants to investigate the facts surrounding Bergdahl's disappearance then they should do that (I doubt it would result in more than a slap on the wrist in the reality-based world, but we seem to be losing our grip on reality...so who knows).

But the bottom line is that if you see a woman standing in the middle of the road and a Mack Truck bearing down on her, you don't stop to grill her on whether she just used heroin or left her child on a stoop somewhere. You pick her up and swoop her out of the street, and deal with the rest later. So should it be with saving Sgt. Bergdahl. For God's sake, where's the humanity? A couple of decades ago, two Inquirer reporters wrote an award-winning series and book called "America: What Went Wrong?" Today it's more appropriate to ask, America...what the hell's wrong with us?

Here's what one fairly knowledgeable chap said about the Bergdahl affair earlier today. “We don’t leave Americans behind. That’s unequivocal.” That wasn't some knee-jerk Obama apologist in Congress, that was former Gen. Stanley McChrystal, Bergdahl's supreme commanding officer when he was captured in 2009, and -- if you recall -- not a big fan of the president. But he does know right from wrong. As noted here the other day, Israel traded more than 1,000 prisoners, including a sizable number of Palestinians detained for alledgedly murderous acts of terrorism, to win back just ONE of its citizens. Say you will about the Israeli government's policies, but the Israeli citizens value human life. I don't know what America values anymore.

Did Bergdahl make a horrible mistake in judgment, or worse, when he left his base? Probably. Did some American troops die in combat because of the search for Bergdahl or related events. Possibly. But we should also talk about the fact that we sent thousands of American soldiers into a war that has lasted a remarkable 13 years, and the longer that a war lasts, the more heartbreaking, soul-crushing things are going to happen. It's even more tragic when our leaders can't even articulate why our troops -- Bergdahl, the ones who went looking for him, the ones who will be there even after the war was supposed to end later this year -- are even in Afghanistan anymore. Today, Pennsylvania lost one of our own -- Capt. Jason B. Jones of Orwigsburg in Schuylkill County, killed by small arms fire in Jalalabad. Please take a moment and honor Captain Jones' sacrifice -- if you can hear yourself think over the sick cries of political blood lust.
    Yet another DUmmie post that trys to blame US for what this little prick did. As usual with

the DUmmies, it's always someone else's (usually the Right's) fault for everything.

And if you want to see HATE, just read this one. It's chock full of hate.

Sorry DUmmies, your attempt at disdirection
    isn't going to work and that's a big reason CU is here.

Now you have a nice hate filled day!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    Why is he not getting a homecoming parade? I dunno, but maybe it has to do with the people there possibly finding out later that he's a traitor and then regretting they had a hero parade for him. So maybe they're not taking any risks right now.

I know, Ruth, that's just a bit too much for your little head to wrap around, you simpleminded twit.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

That the twerp is alive is very suggestive that he is a traitor. First, he left an area that was almost certainly surrounded by enemy fighters and booby traps. At night time...when he would not have been able to avoid IEDs or triggers....when he could be seen without being able to see. Second, these people love to hack off the heads of or otherwise brutalize people they capture. These are not proof, but they are some serious questions screaming to be answered.

4. #4 *Viewer Discretion Is Advised* **Graphic Photo** 
    Take a look at one of the scumbags released in exchange for this guy and tell me how good an idea this was:

Warning, very graphic picture below.

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Greg "Pappy" Boyington, WW2 Marine ace pilot, had a saying that fits perfectly with the way this deserter is being treated by the left......"Show me a hero and I'll show you a bum."
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf