Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    She's so pretty...she looks like a dog I had when I was a kid.

I'm a bleeding heart when it comes to animals too, though in my adult years, I only keep cats as pets. I foster occasionally, but I end up keeping the moms when the kittens get adopted. I now have 3 cats, so I think my fostering days are over as I don't think I can handle any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    She's so pretty...she looks like a dog I had when I was a kid.

I'm a bleeding heart when it comes to animals too, though in my adult years, I only keep cats as pets. I foster occasionally, but I end up keeping the moms when the kittens get adopted. I now have 3 cats, so I think my fostering days are over as I don't think I can handle any more.
    I guess I'll call her Lucy cause she is always in big trouble.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    She is a cute one.
    May the FORCE be with you!

8 dogs, Lord have mercy.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    When are you coming to get her?
    I wish I could. I already have two cats and a small dog. My family would kill me. Well, two members would. One would like it.

The 3 legged 2 pound Pomeranian healed up just fine, we named him bear because he looks like one and is as ornery as a grizzly.
    The little girl horse is going to live, her head injury is healing but she will have to stick with longer hairdo's if she wants to get a date when she gets older.
    We had a bunch of kids over tonight and they had fun taking turns riding Grandpa, he really likes kids.

The 3 legged 2 pound Pomeranian healed up just fine, we named him bear because he looks like one and is as ornery as a grizzly.
    The little girl horse is going to live, her head injury is healing but she will have to stick with longer hairdo's if she wants to get a date when she gets older.
    We had a bunch of kids over tonight and they had fun taking turns riding Grandpa, he really likes kids.
    Which leg is Bear missing?

Great to hear about the little mare, just shave her head like Dion and go for it.

When I was still about 4 feet tall and 80 pounds, we had a neighbor with one of these. 17 hands and a full ton.

She got loose and wandered up to our place munching along the bar ditch. I tossed a rope over her neck, shinnied up a front leg and rode her back home where a 4-5 year old young lady came out, spoke harshly to her about running off. She shamefully moved her head down low and let the young lady lead her to the back yard by the forelock.
    Best we could ever figure, she was busy munching and walked through the fence without noticing it was there.
    After a bit of time and when the other 3 kids were in the yard I looked over and the barely walking baby was hugging her around the left front ankle. That horse never moved that foot an inch until the baby dropped to all fours and crawled away.

Fantastic animals!!
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Which leg is Bear missing?

Great to hear about the little mare, just shave her head like Dion and go for it.

When I was still about 4 feet tall and 80 pounds, we had a neighbor with one of these. 17 hands and a full ton.

She got loose and wandered up to our place munching along the bar ditch. I tossed a rope over her neck, shinnied up a front leg and rode her back home where a 4-5 year old young lady came out, spoke harshly to her about running off. She shamefully moved her head down low and let the young lady lead her to the back yard by the forelock.
    Best we could ever figure, she was busy munching and walked through the fence without noticing it was there.
    After a bit of time and when the other 3 kids were in the yard I looked over and the barely walking baby was hugging her around the left front ankle. That horse never moved that foot an inch until the baby dropped to all fours and crawled away.

Fantastic animals!!
    Bear lost a back leg but it doesn't seem to slow him down a bit, he pretty much rules the house.

I always find it interesting watching how an animal adapts to these things. Somewhere out there is a vid of a dog with no front legs due to a birth defect. He's some years old and has always walked on his two hind feet.

A friend of mine built a 'trailer' for his MIL's dachshund who got hit by a car and lost the use of his hind legs. She would strap it on him in the morning and take it off at night and he went any where he wanted to.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

8 dogs, Lord have mercy.
    you think 8 dogs are a lot try having over 7 Chihuahuas (thats a handful) lol, a buddy of mine has them along with other wildlife
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly