1. #1 I'm SHOCKED! Brat didn't go to Princeton Univ. 
    LINK

babylonsister (147,309 posts)

I'm SHOCKED! Brat didn't go to Princeton Univ.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...a-c4d9af55495b

Brat didn't go to Princeton Univ.

Economics professor and political giant killer David Brat appears to have done a little biographical inflation on his campaign website.

One of his “About Dave” selling points: “that he tested his rural values against the intellectual elite while at Princeton.”

But Brat never attended Princeton University,
    home to just the type of elites – we’re looking at you, Paul Krugman – some conservatives love to bash. “We have no record under that name,” said Princeton University spokesman Martin Mbugua.

Alas, Brat’s full 17-page CV lays out the facts: His Master of Divinity, Brat writes, came from Princeton Theological Seminary – a well-regarded institution, but far from the hotbed of Krugman-like liberal excess some conservatives may have imagined.

Mbugua said people occasionally “make an association between the institutions here in Princeton, an incorrect association.” The two independent institutions simply “happen to be in the same town,” Mbugua said.

We’ve emailed the Brat campaign seeking comment and will update this post when they respond.

Michael Laris
    June 11, 11:54 am
    When they don't have anything that is a REAL scandal, or a REAL lie liberals simply make one up.

NOWHERE does Brat say he went to PRINCETON UNIVERSITY. He says he went to PRINCETON. Only an imbecile would assume he went to Princeton University when they know he has a Masters of Divinity which you are not going to get at Princeton University, but can get at Princeton Seminary.

Have they ANY idea how stupid, foolish, and hateful they come across trying to make a big deal out of this when it is obvious that it is simply being used to attempt to claim he is a liar?

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    LINK

When they don't have anything that is a REAL scandal, or a REAL lie liberals simply make one up.

NOWHERE does Brat say he went to PRINCETON UNIVERSITY. He says he went to PRINCETON. Only an imbecile would assume he went to Princeton University when they know he has a Masters of Divinity which you are not going to get at Princeton University, but can get at Princeton Seminary.

Have they ANY idea how stupid, foolish, and hateful they come across trying to make a big deal out of this when it is obvious that it is simply being used to attempt to claim he is a liar?
    You forget, there are many imbeciles residing on that site. Don't let a little thing like logic enter into the picture. So now it will begin---the typical Dem process of demonizing their opponents, even if it is in a traditionally conservative Republican district. Let them waste their time and energy, doubt if they're going to get anywhere against someone who won so decisively.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Oh noes, Brat is toast!!!

What an overblown completely non-story.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Hell, 49 years ago, I went to HAA-vard.....in one side and out the other in just a few minutes. I guess if I had a questionable birth certificate, that would make me presidential material.

Hahaha....the liberals are running out of material so they make up new lies.

It's always easier to refute your opponent's views and expose your opponent's lies if you make up those views and lies for them. More efficient, too.