Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 well, i narced out my tenant. leaving the kids home alone while she works. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Holy Hanna!!! mopinko gets sliced and diced!!!

***LONG THREAD

Fri Jun 13, 2014, 01:29 AM
    mopinko

well, i narced out my tenant. leaving the kids home alone while she works.

Last edited Fri Jun 13, 2014, 06:30 PM - Edit history (3)
    not a bad person. a home health aid. single mom with 2 sweet boys.
    works the graveyard shift and has gone through several roommates to have someone there while the kids are sleeping.
    but i know that she has no one now most nights.

eta- please reread that last sentence.

then she comes home and sleeps, while the 5 yo is stuck in the house with the shades down.

and she has had the gas turned off since march, meaning no hot water and no cooking gas. i have tried to hook her up with some help, but she is pretty, well, not working it.
    microwave cooking, period.

plus, she is just not a good mom. i try to get her to let the little one hang out with me, and she just wont let him.

eta- people who think i might be gonna do something weird with those kids, wtf, projection, or what. it the most recent case it was a matter of the kid going in while mom slept, or helping me in my garden. someone to talk to him.
    i have tried to lend them books, and let him visit my animals, and she just wont do it.
    this place is adjacent to my pocket farm. she, like the rest of the kids in the hood, is welcome to hang out there, but never does, and never lets them.

so, of course, the usually not there roommate turned out to be home tonight when i called the cops to report them home alone.
    but she backed me up, and told them that she was leaving at 6, and mom did not get off till 7.
    they said they couldnt do anything, but i made it clear that i expected to see the there at 6 am.
    sarge is still sitting in front of the house, tho, and talking to dcfs.

fun times. great to be a property owner!

eta- edit 2.
    chicago pd is the entry point for most child services. what i did was ask to check on the children, who were home alone.
    really, i wasnt being a yahoo. i could have called the hot line, but that would have allowed for she said she said she said.
    cpd is great at this sort of thing, and with something like this, no bruises or broken bones, you need this kind of investigation of the complaint in real time, not 2 months from now when dcfs sends and overworked caseworker to look in the fridge, and see that things are clean, and dismisses it.

this is the system here.
    I don't think she expected the pile on but hey, they're DUmmies, so she should have.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Hahahaha, saw a thread about this over at CC - Crazy SloMo put her foot in her mouth again. She is having another nervous breakdown right in front of our eyes.

Saw this over at CC myself. Man, she high tailed it the minute they started swarming her. It was pretty funny.

It just goes to show you "these people" aren't the

brain surgeons they think they are. Knowing the

DUmmies, it was clear she was going to get flayed

but did that stop her???

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I don't think she expected the pile on but hey, they're DUmmies, so she should have.
    Yeah, she should have. Consider all the PC-Points this woman has:

* A single mother raising her children;

* No male parent (or parent surrogate) in her home;

* Her has has been turned off by the EEEEEEE-vile utility company.

She's untouchable! Turning her in was an act of racism or misogyny, possibly both. The woman's children might as well be turnip greens or Brussels sprouts until they enter Head Start or public schools. Or until they are trapped and killed in their burning home or killed by an abusive boyfriend (either of which will be society's fault).

Life style choices have consequences. It's sad that these two boys are suffering (survival, while preferable to the alternative, is not excellence or even close to it) due to their mother's choices.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post

Life style choices have consequences. It's sad that these two boys are suffering (survival, while preferable to the alternative, is not excellence or even close to it) due to their mother's choices.
    Agreed. Leaving those kids home alone at night is the biggest issue, though. So much could happen to them without an adult around. One is 5 years old. I don't know if the other one is older.

I'd like to see noonie weigh in on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Agreed. Leaving those kids home alone at night is the biggest issue, though. So much could happen to them without an adult around. One is 5 years old. I don't know if the other one is older.

I'd like to see noonie weigh in on this.
    I agree that it is an issue, but I question MoPinko's interpretation. Apparently, when she called the police, the roommate was actually there without her knowledge. How often is the roommate, or somebody, home with the kids without her realizing it. Leaving a 10 year old in charge of a 5 year old for an hour in the morning isn't such a big deal.

Also, I think it is stated elsewhere in the thread that this family is from Nigeria, where culturally children are expected to have more responsibility. Personally, I was left in charge of my 6 year old brother for short periods of time at 10, with strict instructions of what not to do. I have a number of coworker who have pre-teen children that are left alone for a short time in the morning between the time that one parent leaves for work and the other gets home, and latch key kids of that age aren't terribly uncommon.

She clearly is trying to have an adult at home as frequently as possible, we only have MoPinko's word that the roommate is also a night shift worker (speaking from experience, I don't know many night shifters that leave the house at 6 am on their days off on a regular basis.

MoPinko's other comments make this feel like a retaliation for not raising the kids how she would prefer, including granting her unlimited access to the 5 year old (mind you, I don't think that MoPinko has any sort of prurient interest in children, but her comments do come off as creepy, and she knows way more about this family's home life than a landlord should. My landlord can't even remember that I work nights). It is not her business as a landlord what school the children go to, how much TV they watch, or how they prepare their food.

mopinko is a "busy buddy" at best and a kooky DUmmie at worst.

She might try minding her own damn bidness and stop the bleeding heart shit.

Holy Hanna!!! mopinko gets sliced and diced!!!

***LONG THREAD

Nosy broad...

mopinko is a "busy buddy" at best and a kooky DUmmie at worst.

She might try minding her own damn bidness and stop the bleeding heart shit.
    I was just coming to say that this DU-type might be a busybody ...

The problem is that the difference between a busybody and some one who prevents a family tragedy may not be that enormous. I'm not justifying or condemning her, just saying that sometimes people get away with doing stupid dangerous stuff, and sometimes people reporting stuff to police or CPS are wrong. The problem with CPS particularly is that they don't always move on after finding a specific report unfounded; some CPS folk have the attitude that the mistaken appearance of smoke still means there's a conflagration.