Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1 Please let men have Fathers day. 
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,158
    I know its silly but I am getting tired of people saying happy fathers day to WOMEN who are single parents. I am sorry but a woman can't teach a child (boys) what its like to be a man and the same goes for single fathers teaching girls to be women. /rant off
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Big Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where the deer and the antelope play
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I know its silly but I am getting tired of people saying happy fathers day to WOMEN who are single parents.
    Do you know what bugs me?

    All of the ads for Father's Day sales I saw this year are for fag clothes (red skinny jeans???), marginally useful poorly constructed tools, and made-in-Bangladesh grill stuff. That crap's worse than ugly neckties!

    Where are the ads for gifts this dad really wants?
    Smith & Wesson
    Remington
    Henry Repeating Arms
    Rocky Patel
    OW Weller
    Stetson
    Red Wing (or Ariat)
    Husqvarna


    /my rant
    It is the right and duty of the citizen to be at all times armed.
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Drive-by Poster ABC in Georgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post

    Where are the ads for gifts this dad really wants?
    Smith & Wesson
    Remington
    Henry Repeating Arms
    Rocky Patel
    OW Weller
    Stetson
    Red Wing (or Ariat)
    Husqvarna


    /my rant
    Ooh! Still my kinda guy, I see! *blush*

    Happy Father's Day anyway Big Bad One!

    ~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Big Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where the deer and the antelope play
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Ooh! Still my kinda guy, I see! *blush*

    Happy Father's Day anyway Big Bad One!

    ~ ABC
    Thank you, dear lady!

    My son is on his way out to my place for the day. I am confident I will receive something from that list (most likely from somewhere in the middle).
    It is the right and duty of the citizen to be at all times armed.
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Thank you, dear lady!

    My son is on his way out to my place for the day. I am confident I will receive something from that list (most likely from somewhere in the middle).
    Hope that you have a great Father's Day. Sounds like your son knows how to buy for you. And so glad that you're posting here.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,861
    Single moms have to teach their sons to sink the Cheerios. Fathers can just show them how they do it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Drive-by Poster ABC in Georgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Single moms have to teach their sons to sink the Cheerios. Fathers can just show them how they do it.
    That's a new one to me, Noonie!

    One way single moms could teach their little sons to 'urinate' ...

    Would be to show them videos of the OWS folks doing it out in the street, on cars etc.
    American By Choice ~ 1980
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Do you know what bugs me?

    All of the ads for Father's Day sales I saw this year are for fag clothes (red skinny jeans???), marginally useful poorly constructed tools, and made-in-Bangladesh grill stuff. That crap's worse than ugly neckties!
    The "Fathers Day" sale sheets and things that come in the mail and in the newspaper has more stuff in them for women than for men.

    Now, if the wife can get me one of those skinny girls with the thong panties and sheer lace bra all together as a set....well, then it might be OK.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Big Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where the deer and the antelope play
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Hope that you have a great Father's Day. Sounds like your son knows how to buy for you. And so glad that you're posting here.
    Thanks! It was great.

    Moose gave me a Rocky Patel Decade 6x60, and he took me out for a steak. He and I sat out on the back porch with a couple of Weller's (mine- he didn't give me bourbon this year) and smoked cigars at sunset.

    I think I raised him well.
    It is the right and duty of the citizen to be at all times armed.
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •