Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Publishing Source: Hillary Book a 'Bomb' 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oh nooooooooooooooo!!!

9:46 PM, Jun 16, 2014• By DANIEL HALPER

In an email this evening, a veteran publishing source calls the latest Hillary Clinton book, Hard Choices, a memoir of her State Department years, a "bomb." The source is referring to the early but underwhelming sales figures.

"Between us, they are nervous at S&S [Simon & Schuster]," says the source, who gave permission for his email to be published. "Sales were well below expectations and the media was a disaster."

According to this source, a Simon & Schuster insider, "They sold 60,000 hard covers first week and 24,000 ebooks." The publishing house was "hoping and praying for 150,000 print first week."

May the FORCE be with you!

Well, her "we were flat broke" comment didn't sit too well. That and her making a total buffoon of herself on the talk show circuit. She even blacked out on NPR.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

So, her new book isn't "The Bomb" but rather "A Bomb".....

Best book I'm never going to read.

Hillary's a tired and boring old hack.

I don't see many Dem's getting excited about her run for Pres.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I'm becoming more convinced that she won't run in 2016. Nothing to do with the apparent book failure.

There is a lot of Clinton and Bush fatigue, for lack of a better term. I just don't think she wants the grind of having to campaign. Nothing to do with age, health or gender. There is also no "groundswell" of huge support. My current hunch.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Well, her "we were flat broke" comment didn't sit too well. That and her making a total buffoon of herself on the talk show circuit. She even blacked out on NPR.
    She should have said "broke on paper" because that probably was the case for about a week. Not broke like you or I would be broke, but they did have a lot of legal fees by the time Bill left office.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I'm becoming more convinced that she won't run in 2016. Nothing to do with the apparent book failure.

There is a lot of Clinton and Bush fatigue, for lack of a better term. I just don't think she wants the grind of having to campaign. Nothing to do with age, health or gender. There is also no "groundswell" of huge support. My current hunch.
    How do you think she would back out? Take a fall and call it health reasons?
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    How do you think she would back out? Take a fall and call it health reasons?
    Nothing would surprise me anymore.

Regardless of her stature, deserved or not, she would still have to go through the grind of campaigning. In places like my native state of Iowa as well as New Hampshire, that means month upon month of glad handing out in a lot of rural & relatively remote locations.

Just my gut feeling that she's not up to doing that.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Too bad that Hillary already made most of her money from the book. Simon and Schuster are the big losers here, but maybe they'll learn and not pony up the cash for another book by her.

Quote Originally Posted by thundley4 View Post
    Too bad that Hillary already made most of her money from the book. Simon and Schuster are the big losers here, but maybe they'll learn and not pony up the cash for another book by her.
    Ponied up money for book by old gray mare!Yuck yuck yuck yuck!!!!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg