Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Finally Friday (well, almost) 
    This has been one of the most overwhelming weeks of my life and I couldn't be more thrilled to have it over. It started last Thursday when I received some news that left my heart shattered in a thousand pieces. Add to that my craptacular car acting up again and virtually no sleep (due to stress of car, finances, and broken heart), and I have been one emotional and physical wreck.

A couple upsides to this week have been my very positive experience with AAA Auto Repair (see thread for details) and the fact that I surpassed JB in Fantasy Baseball (You're next CS and Wiggum).

I suspect tomorrow will be hot and sunny, blah, blah, blah...:D

TOTD: Have you ever gone to a movie, show, or sporting event alone? Or any event that is typically attended in couples or groups?

I want to go to Saturday night's D'backs game. Everyone I asked to join me has prior plans. How pathetic would I look if I went by myself?

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Well, I guess this is better than no thread at all.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Well, I guess this is better than no thread at all.
    Bitch, please...:p

TOTD: Is there anybody left that doesn't already think you're pathetic, Jen?

I jest, I jest!

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    TOTD: Have you ever gone to a movie, show, or sporting event alone? Or any event that is typically attended in couples or groups?

I want to go to Saturday night's D'backs game. Everyone I asked to join me has prior plans. How pathetic would I look if I went by myself?
    Yep, often. Mr. Snaps and I have divergent tastes in some things and we aren't joined at the hip. Although I am a card-carrying Introvert, I have learned to negotiate these things.

1. Expect to enjoy whatever it is - don't go with a pessimistic attitude.

2. Think ahead of time about what possible things you could discuss with a stranger.

3. Be cute and sweet. It's sexist but it works. :)

Day thread rule # 487- If the designated day thread poster violates rule #236 and posts the day thread before the scheduled day, NO ONE will seriously reply to that thread until the scheduled day.

Just an FYI, Ginger... in case you misplaced your manual or something. I can always send you an extra copy.

Day thread rule # 487- If the designated day thread poster violates rule #236 and posts the day thread before the scheduled day, NO ONE will seriously reply to that thread until the scheduled day.

Just an FYI, Ginger... in case you misplaced your manual or something. I can always send you an extra copy.
    Okay. :o

*speed dials FedEx*

There's a manual?! :eek:

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    I'm a single mom. I go everywhere alone or with a five year old. no biggie..of course I find that I am an attractive witty and intelligent date and have fun with myself

oh wait..that doesn't sound right :o

Saw Aliens and Police Academy 3 as a teenager alone cause the guys at work crapped out on me .

I'd do it again if I really wanted to do something.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor