Thread: Finally Friday (well, almost)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    This has been one of the most overwhelming weeks of my life and I couldn't be more thrilled to have it over. It started last Thursday when I received some news that left my heart shattered in a thousand pieces. Add to that my craptacular car acting up again and virtually no sleep (due to stress of car, finances, and broken heart), and I have been one emotional and physical wreck.

A couple upsides to this week have been my very positive experience with AAA Auto Repair (see thread for details) and the fact that I surpassed JB in Fantasy Baseball (You're next CS and Wiggum).

I suspect tomorrow will be hot and sunny, blah, blah, blah...:D

TOTD: Have you ever gone to a movie, show, or sporting event alone? Or any event that is typically attended in couples or groups?

I want to go to Saturday night's D'backs game. Everyone I asked to join me has prior plans. How pathetic would I look if I went by myself?
    Just ignore, Miss Meanie Pants, Jen. I think there should be a new CU bylaw on those who DON'T have a day thread assigned, stating that they cannot criticize someones TOTD. Sounds good, anyway. :p

TOTD: I've been to the movies by myself, but it was a while ago. I don't think it is pathetic but it did make me feel a little weird at first. However, my mom goes to the movies by herself quite frequently. My dad hates movie theaters, so....she doesn't care.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

TOTD: I can think of at least a couple concerts I've gone to alone, and LOADS of movies I've gone to alone.

Because I am an only child I am very comfortable alone. I really enjoy going out to a nice meal by myself.

Alright, I'm convinced. I'm going to see my D'backs tomorrow. :D

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    Thanks, Ginger. That's exactly what I needed to hear.
    You're welcome. Wear something cute and expect to have a wonderful time. :D

Now that it really is Friday, I guess it's safe to post.

It's going to be a great day weather-wise and that's good because I'm starting Phase II of the frontal attack. I need to go out later and pick up a few more plants. Well, that's what I told Mr. Snaps, anyway. Failing to mention the front end loader and the fork lift are simple oversights. I may need to take an abrupt trip around the end of the month when the bills come in.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Because I am an only child I am very comfortable alone. I really enjoy going out to a nice meal by myself.
    Nice day here in the insurance salesman graveyard. I'm back to my regular consulting schedule (finally) and am working at the client four days and from home on Friday. By 2:00, I'll be in my local, sipping a scotch and watching Euro 2008.

TOTD: Lots of times. I, like LL, was an only child (surprise) and am very comfortable alone. When my girlfriend moved in with me in Sarajevo, it was a major adjustment, after having lived by myself for 11 years. I'm used to going to dinner, movies, on trips, etc. only with the person I admire the most (:D).

Beautiful here, but it'll get hot later.

TOTD: I'm really independent, so if I want to see and movie or go to dinner and there's no one to go with me, I just go anyway and have a good time.
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    It's hot here.;) I'm starting to go through Tristan withdrawal already.:eek: This is not a good sign.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    It's hot here.;) I'm starting to go through Tristan withdrawal already.:eek: This is not a good sign.
    Clean your ceiling fans. That worked last year. :)

I don't really go to places like movies, etc. alone. I will go out to eat by myself, but not to anywhere exceptionally nice. I will go to the beach alone as I've realized that I don't really like having to talk to anyone when I'm there...I just like to read my book and get some sun and some sleep.

I have 5 nephews/niece, so I can usually drag a kid along to somewhere that I'm interested in going if there's no adult interested in going.