Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    ...liberals were responsible for giving us our nation's first black candidate for president....
    And you are of course referring to Shirley Chisholm. Right?

http://african-american-non-fiction...._history_month

New Yorker Shirley Chisholm (1924-2005), a Democrat, was the first African-American woman to be elected to Congress in 1968. She ran for president in 1972. (Note that neither Ms. Chisholm nor Hillary Clinton was the first woman to run for this office.Victoria Claflin Woodhull was the Equal Rights Party’s presidential candidate in 1872—and famous former slave, Frederick Douglass, was nominated, but did not accept, the place as her vice presidential running mate.)

Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    I was banned from the DU 4 years ago after only posting there a couple times. I think it was because I implied Howard Dean was mentally unstable and other posts where they thought I was a conservative. They wouldn't have me, I'm too much of a centrist.;)

They're mostly 14 year olds with raging hardons anyway.
    Geographical center of the far left Whackosmos is still Light Years to the left of Reality.

Liberals are far more "RACIST" than Conservatives. Check the evidence before you embarrass yourself further.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Geographical center of the far left Whackosmos is still Light Years to the left of Reality.

Liberals are far more "RACIST" than Conservatives. Check the evidence before you embarrass yourself further.
    I think he fails to understand also that the DU is Far, far, far, FAR left of your average Liberal in this country. The DUmp is the place for extremists, no more or less dangerous then your Far, far, far FAR right extremists in this country. The extremist Fringe, be it Left or Right is pretty much identical in my opinion and I want no part of their ilk.

Nice work Am, at ease. Time for some R&R
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    I think he fails to understand also that the DU is Far, far, far, FAR left of your average Liberal in this country. The DUmp is the place for extremists, no more or less dangerous then your Far, far, far FAR right extremists in this country. The extremist Fringe, be it Left or Right is pretty much identical in my opinion and I want no part of their ilk.

Nice work Am, at ease. Time for some R&R
    I guess I've been on a roll lately. Probably because I care enough about the Country that even the thought of an Uh-bama administration scares me. :(
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand