1. #1 Hey NJ, thoughts? 
    http://myfox8.com/2014/06/21/teenage...uana-brownies/

AUSTIN, Texas – A 19-year-old man in Texas is facing up to 99 years in prison for baking and selling marijuana brownies.

The severity if the potential sentence is generating outrage. Cheers erupted as Jacob Lavoro recently talked to his supporters and the media.

Lavoro is charged with a first degree felony for possessing 1.5 pounds of drugs. He faces five years to life in prison.

Around 100 of his supporters gathered outside the Williamson County Courthouse recently prior to a pre-trial court hearing.

They held signs, sold shirts and talked about the move to decriminalize marijuana.
    So, you said a while back that people don't do hard time for having marijuana. This is different because he's dealing, but still. It's marijuana. It's not coke. It's not meth. It's marijuana. No, this is not a call out. I really do want to hear your thoughts on this.

My thoughts are that we need to decriminalize it yesterday.

Mmmm brownies, children love brownies. It's easy to eat lots of them at one sitting. There are people that ingest pot laced food because it goes from providing euphoria and paranoia to being a hallucinogen in higher levels of THC that you get in brownies and candy.

That being said, that max sentence is excessive.

It's Austin, he'll get off with an apology from the Travis County courts and a written request from the judge for the kids pot brownie recipe.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

"Facing" it hasn't happened yet and won't.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    http://myfox8.com/2014/06/21/teenage...uana-brownies/

So, you said a while back that people don't do hard time for having marijuana. This is different because he's dealing, but still. It's marijuana. It's not coke. It's not meth. It's marijuana. No, this is not a call out. I really do want to hear your thoughts on this.

My thoughts are that we need to decriminalize it yesterday.
    Um, name me 1 time someone did hard time for having a few j's not A FREAKING POUND OF WEED. Do you know what a pound of weed looks like? Not to mention he was selling the brownies. My God, really? I reiterate, 1 pound. Let alone a lb and a half. And you, yourself said he was dealing. He should get 99 years just for being stupid.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Um, name me 1 time someone did hard time for having a few j's not A FREAKING POUND OF WEED. Do you know what a pound of weed looks like? Not to mention he was selling the brownies. My God, really? I reiterate, 1 pound. Let alone a lb and a half. And you, yourself said he was dealing. He should get 99 years just for being stupid.
    If we gave people 99 years for being stupid, most of this country would be locked up and you'd never have to look for work again.

I really don't think selling marijuana is so bad unless it's sold to kids. I do think that's the strongest argument I've heard. If it was made legal, then dealers wouldn't bother with it so much anymore. Kids would be giving money to an adult to go buy it at the store. Sooner or later, those store clerks would be caught by a teenager who looked like they were forty being sent in by the cops.

I think that life in prison for possession of a pound and half of pot, even with intent to sell is a bit excessive. Considering the fact that in one or two states the guy would be considered an small business man, significant jail time seems even more out of line with reality.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I think that life in prison for possession of a pound and half of pot, even with intent to sell is a bit excessive. Considering the fact that in one or two states the guy would be considered an small business man, significant jail time seems even more out of line with reality.
    In my opinion if they legalized pot the planet would not stop turning and we wouldn't have an overwhelming epidemic, the sun would rise and set like it always has and there would be less people in jail.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    If we gave people 99 years for being stupid, most of this country would be locked up and you'd never have to look for work again.
    I don't anyway. Believe me, the only way you do hard time is if you're caught with this amount of weed. But the challenge is still out there. Someone who did prison time for having just a personal amount of weed. 1 1/2 pounds isn't for personal use. You won't find any. Hell, getting caught with a few doobs is a misdemeanor at best.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.