Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Panel: Palin Abused Power in trooper case 
    Eyelids
    ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her power as Alaska's governor and violated state ethics law by trying to get her ex-brother-in-law fired from the state police, a state investigator's report concluded Friday.

"Gov. Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda," the report states.

Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan's refusal to fire State Trooper Mike Wooten from the state police force was "likely a contributing factor" to Monegan's July dismissal, but Palin had the authority as governor to fire him, the report by former Anchorage prosecutor Stephen Branchflower states.

Monegan said he was "relieved" by the findings.

"I believed and had the opinion that I was terminated because I did not fire Wooten," he told CNN. "Now these findings say that that's what happened, so I feel relieved."

However, the investigator's report states that Palin's efforts to get Wooten fired broke a state ethics law that bars public officials from pursuing personal interest through official action.

More at the jump:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/...ion/index.html

--------------

Game. Over.

Sonnabend
    Stapleton called the investigation "a partisan-led inquiry" run by supporters of Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, but hailed its finding that Monegan's firing broke no law.
    Non. issue.

"Gov. Palin was cleared of the allegation of an improper firing, which is what this investigation was approved to look into," she said.
    No Fitzmas for you :D:D

Stapleton went on to say that the Legislature exceeded its mandate in finding an ethics violation. "Lacking evidence to support the original Monegan allegation, the Legislative Council seriously overreached, making a tortured argument to find fault without basis in law or fact."
    Yep. In other words, they couldn't fnd anything, so they made it up

He said Palin "bumped right against the edges" of the state's ethics laws but that he would give "the benefit of the doubt to the governor, though, at this point."
    Poor Eyelids.Another excuse down the toilet.

In other news

ACORN, an old friend of Obama, is now being investigated in FIFTEEN states for deliberate and blatant voter fraud, malfeasance and possible felonies.

Oh dear

ACORN, which claims to be non-partisan and a non-profit, was paid over $800,000 by the Obama campaign, through its front group, Citizens Services, Inc. for that so-called “advance work.” Obviously, the documentation supporting that “advance work” claim by Obama was fraudulent.
    Your boy is now tied into ACORN. The RICO investigation is only a matter of time.

I was wondering when one you "lefties" were going to post this, but Eyelids, you're not telling the full story.
    The investigation was partsian and most of these folks are Obama supporters. Here are the facts:

Sarah Palin "abused her power" as governor in the disciplinary case against a state trooper, according to a legislative panel's report released Friday, though it also found that her firing of a state commissioner was "proper and lawful."

The ethics inquiry, which Palin's supporters have called politically motivated, found that a family grudge was a factor in Palin's dismissal of Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan -- but not the sole factor.

The nearly 300-page report does not recommend sanctions or a criminal investigation.

"I think there are some problems in this report," said Republican state Sen. Gary Stevens, a member of the panel. "I would encourage people to be very cautious, to look at this with a jaundiced eye."
    No pun intended Eyelids...:D

Sonnabend
    Eyelids hopes to be a newscaster one day...here's a glimpse of his future.

Sonnabend
    What Eyelids ignored

Here's a note to Mr. Branchflower, who clearly is verbose, but obviously none too keen a scholar of logic: Gov. Palin's so-called "firing" of Monegan (it wasn't a firing, it was a re-assignment to other government duties that he resigned rather than accept) can't simultaneously be a violation of the Ethics Act and "a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority.

" This, gentle readers, is a 263-page piece of political circus that actually explicitly refutes itself on its single most key page!
    More lies

Even the Anchorage Daily News is misrepresenting the meaning of this report: I just received an email update from it in which it claims that "Today Alaska legislators found Palin did abuse her power in the 'Troopergate' controversy." That's absolutely false — the Alaska Legislature is not in session, and all that happened today was that the 12-member Legislative Council that received the Branchflower Report voted unanimously to release its first volume (the 263-page .pdf file linked above) to the public. Several more volumes and hundreds more pages prepared by Branchflower still remain confidential — suggesting that Branchflower's selective quotations in the report may well have been "cherry-picked" or taken out of context — but the governor's office has itself posted quite a few more documents pertaining to the investigation on the internet, confirming Gov. Palin's repeated statements that she has nothing to hide in this entire matter.

Eyelids
    Im so sick of croneyism bullshit. Sure this might not affect the polls but do we need another asshole who has loyalty tests and fires people for purely political or personal reasons? This just reeks of the US Attorneys, I know you'll turn a blind eye to anything your dimwit, spoiled, daddy's girl beauty queen does but she's as corrupt as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Im so sick of croneyism bullshit. Sure this might not affect the polls but do we need another asshole who has no loyalty as evidenced by throwing all his political baggage under the bus, who fails to answer the tough questions of his past and present associates and cronies for purely political or personal reasons? This just reeks of the US Attorneys, I know you'll turn a blind eye to anything your dimwit, spoiled, Uh-BAma messiah does but he's as corrupt as they come.
    How's your words look held up like a mirror?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Im so sick of croneyism bullshit. Sure this might not affect the polls but do we need another asshole who has loyalty tests and fires people for purely political or personal reasons? This just reeks of the US Attorneys, I know you'll turn a blind eye to anything your dimwit, spoiled, daddy's girl beauty queen does but she's as corrupt as they come.
    Are you trying to be funny or did you "OD" on the kool-aid? You have Palin confused with your homie Obama.

If the situation were reversed, I would defend Obama on something like this. That trooper, who is still on the job, is a scumbag and a disgrace to the badge. The stuff about him is true and has been proven. As for that sack of shit Monegan, he wasn't fired, but offered a reassignment. He didn't take it so he quit. Now he's whining like a liberal and telling people he was some sort of victim. Monegan was trying to circumvent Palin's authority as govenor and his boss. Sounds like he had problems taking orders from a woman. He was holding meetings behind her back and trying to obtain funds without her approval...just to name a few things. If he's keeping cop like Wooten on the job, you have to wonder about his character and judgment.

This mostly biased panel makes this announcement about Palin abusing her power, but then says the firing was justified and lawful and recommended no punishment. You would have to have the IQ of a carrot stick to not see that this was all politically motivated.

So since you don't approve of croneyism BS Blinky, just who are you going to vote for? Please say Obaahma and prove just what a lying hypocrit you really are.

Sonnabend
    Im so sick of croneyism bullshit. Sure this might not affect the polls but do we need another asshole who has loyalty tests and fires people for purely political or personal reasons?
    Your golden boy Obama is a snake who cant be trusted...and who has thrown a number of people under the bus for the sake of his career. Grow the hell up, will you?

This just reeks of the US Attorneys, I know you'll turn a blind eye to anything your dimwit, spoiled, daddy's girl beauty queen does but she's as corrupt as they come.
    No crime has been committed, idiot. No jurisdiction.

You liberals have been calling President Bush a criminal, yet when challenged to find an actual crime..silence.

Speaking of corruption, shall we discuss Zer-0's campaign contributions? His ties to domestic terrorists? His ties to a felon Tony Resko? His gigantic connection to massive and rampant voter fraud by ACORN? His interference in Kenyan elections on behalf of Odinga Obama??

No?

Didnt think so.