Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Back to the OP...

From CNN, no less

Upon the dismissal, Monegan was offered a position as executive director of the Alcohol Beverage and Control Board, but turned it down.

Palin said his wife was unhappy with Monegan because of "budget issues and failure to fill trooper vacancies."

"Walt Monegan was, to the best of my knowledge, not terminated," Palin said. "He was offered a reassignment, and he resigned rather than accept the reassignment."
    :eek:

:D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

So much for eyeshit's "October Surprise". Try Cracker Jacks, eyeshit....
    Last edited by Teetop; 10-11-2008 at 11:15 AM. Reason: typo

Monegan and Wooten are such up-standing people:

Monegan
    Monegan had his own share of domestic troubles - some of them spilling all the way down to the Bay Area.

In October 1994, Monegan's estranged wife, who had moved from Alaska to the Peninsula with the couple's two daughters after more than 10 years of marriage, sought a temporary restraining order against him - accusing Monegan of threatening to kill her, waving a gun at her and dislocating her shoulder, according to her declaration on file in Santa Clara County Superior Court.

In an interview last week, Georgene Moldovan said Monegan had threatened several times to throw her body in an Alaska river.
    Moldovan was an emergency room doctor and professor at Stanford and shuttled back and forth from Alaska to the Peninsula the last seven years of their marriage. Monegan asked her for a divorce in 1993, but snapped when he learned he might lose the couple's house, she says.

One day in April 1993, she said in her court filing, "he pulled out his gun and waved it at me outside my home and yelled he would kill me if I stopped him."
    Wooten

Wooten recently gave his union permission to release the entire investigative file, all 482 pages and hours of recorded interviews.

"The record clearly indicates a serious and concentrated pattern of unacceptable and at times, illegal activity occurring over a lengthy period, which establishes a course of conduct totally at odds with the ethics of our profession," Col. Julia Grimes, then head of Alaska State Troopers
    Troopers eventually investigated 13 issues and found four in which Wooten violated policy or broke the law or both:

• Wooten used a Taser on his stepson.

• He illegally shot a moose.

• He drank beer in his patrol car on one occasion.

• He told others his father-in-law would "eat a f'ing lead bullet" if he helped his daughter get an attorney for the divorce.
    Those incidents included: a reprimand in January 2004 for negligent damage to a state vehicle; a January 2005 instruction after being accused of speeding, unsafe lane changes, following too closely and not using turn signals in his state vehicle; a June 2005 instruction regarding personal cell phone calls; an October 2005 suspension from work after getting a speeding ticket; and a November 2005 memo "to clarify duty hours, tardiness and personal business during duty time."

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Im so sick of croneyism bullshit. Sure this might not affect the polls but do we need another asshole who has loyalty tests and fires people for purely political or personal reasons? This just reeks of the US Attorneys, I know you'll turn a blind eye to anything your dimwit, spoiled, daddy's girl beauty queen does but she's as corrupt as they come.

The US attorneys....
    Are you talking about the 8 Bush replaced that prompted an uproar that still reverberates?
    or the 93 Clinton replaced without drowning out the crickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    LP..we may disagree, but most of the time you put your points well, and argue well and cogently. I can respect that.

But that comment above does you no credit....uisng the word "litter" to describe a womans family is fucking disgusting.

RETRACT IT and apologise.
    Retracted. Sorry, Sir. :o
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sonnabend
    Accepted.

And thank you.

"Proper and Lawful" - so where's the problem blinky?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Im so sick of croneyism bullshit. Sure this might not affect the polls but do we need another asshole who has loyalty tests and fires people for purely political or personal reasons? This just reeks of the US Attorneys, I know you'll turn a blind eye to anything your dimwit, spoiled, daddy's girl beauty queen does but she's as corrupt as they come.
    Suck it up yo boy.Keep looking ButPlug you may find where she spoke harshly to some old lady waitress asking for more coffee and not saying pretty please.

I'd still like eyelids to clarify for me which US attorney scandle he's referencing. You know, being fair minded and oh so open minded and all.....

Blinky is referring the few, 6 or 7, politically appointed US attorneys that were let go by the Bush Admin during his 1st term. As a point of perspective, Clinton let go all 96 US attorneys at the start of his tenure. Another case of "Do as I say, not as I do".

Blinks needs to understand the meaning of "at-will" employment. It means that at any time you may leave a job or you may be fired from a job at any time, as long as no laws are violated.

So Blinks, if you happen to ever get a job, that is not covered by a CBA, you can quit or be fired at any time for no reason at all. If the management above you changes and feel you are not a fit, your out the door. If your boss invites you out for lunch on Friday, be very concerned.