Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Who Had the Worst Week in Washington? 
    And the Winner is___

OBAMA!!! Here's hoping his unpopularity enlightens some of the low information voters out there, so our country has a chance in the November elections to turn away from his destructive policies.

Chris Cillizza Reporter Chris Cillizza writes “The Fix,” a politics blog for the Washington Post. He also covers the White House for the newspaper and Web site.
    June 20

Six years ago, Barack Obama ran for president promising to end what he described as a “dumb war” in Iraq. And in 2012, he campaigned for reelection by declaring that he’d achieved that goal. But this past week, Obama decided to send 300 troops back into the country — one deeply riven by sectarian violence and teetering on the edge of chaos.

“American forces will not be returning to combat in Iraq, but we will help Iraqis as they take the fight to terrorists who threaten the Iraqi people, the region and American interests as well,” Obama said at a news conference Thursday announcing the decision.

It was immediately greeted with skepticism. Hawkish conservatives insisted that Obama needed to be more aggressive; liberals fretted that the commander in chief might be headed down a slippery slope of further troop commitments.

You could forgive Obama for feeling as if his hands were tied. The American public is war-weary — Obama’s pledge to end the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan helped fuel his political rise — and yet there is real concern among foreign policy experts that the sacrifices made by the U.S. military in the Iraq war could be made meaningless in this latest round of sectarian fighting.

And it’s not as though Obama has his popularity to fall back on. An NBC-Wall Street Journal poll released this past week showed that fewer than 4 in 10 Americans approve of how he is handling foreign policy. Even more devastating, 54 percent said that Obama “cannot lead and get the job done.”

For a president entering the final quarter of his time in office and still searching for a second-term legacy, it’s hard to imagine a worse spot.

President Obama, for not being able to leave the dumb war behind, you had the worst week in Washington. Congrats, or something.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

The four most cruel words in the English (or American, if you prefer) language apply here:

WE
    TOLD
    YOU SO!

I think Eric Cantor had a worse week. At least Obama can go home to Chicago and know that most of the people there like him.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think Eric Cantor had a worse week. At least Obama can go home to Chicago and know that most of the people there are criminals like him.
    FIFY

I think Eric Cantor had a worse week. At least Obama can go home to Chicago and know that most of the people there like him.
    I doubt that Mr Cantor's (don't really have to call his liberal ass "Congressman" any more) legacy will entail the entire Middle East going up in flames while your president walked a golf course with his thumb in his ass.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by wasp69 View Post
    I doubt that Mr Cantor's (don't really have to call his liberal ass "Congressman" any more) legacy will entail the entire Middle East going up in flames while your president walked a golf course with his thumb in his ass.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

I'd like to see a photo of Obama walking around a golf course with his thumb in his ass to prove your point.

The Middle East would be going up in flames regardless of who the President is. At least thousands of our soldiers aren't going up in flames with it.

I'd like to see a photo of Obama walking around a golf course with his thumb in his ass to prove your point.

The Middle East would be going up in flames regardless of who the President is.
    Oh, so it just happens to be a coinky-dink that it all went to shit after your boy king started working the fund raising circuit and lowering his handicap?

Are you for real? Is your head really buried that far up the donkey's ass?

At least thousands of our soldiers aren't going up in flames with it.
    Like you give a shit, Miss Vindication. Dead and wounded are nothing more than bloody stepping stones and messy platforms from which you liberal vermin love to try and leverage more power.

The blood of those who paid the full measure, and those dying right now, is on your hands, Noonwitch. Your support of the filth squatting in the White House has led to the neglect and degradation of decades of a very graceful balancing act that kept things from coming apart. It will take 20 years to undo what that piece of shit democrat has done in the past 5 and will cost mountains more than what we have already paid in lives and treasure.

But, at least you have a lie to tell yourself to make it all better so you can sleep at night, don't you?

The Middle East would be going up in flames regardless of who the President is. At least thousands of our soldiers aren't going up in flames with it.
    I strongly disagree with you. Obama at least should act like he gives a damned. The situation would NOT be so bad if he had agreed to that status of forces agreement. We wouldn't be handing the middle east to the terrorists. Iraq wouldn't become a staging ground for ISSA.

It's about time folks stop defending the indefensible. I guess you don't think that there was any wrongdoing with the IRS, Benghazi, etc? Nixon at least had the class to resign. 14 minutes of tape disappeared. The IRS in their support of the Democratic cause during the 2012 election managed to lose 2 years worth of emails. Not equal.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

I'm gonna claim about $100 K worth of deductions this year and then tell them next year "Yeah, I got proof, but my computer crashed." Think they'll buy that?
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by wasp69 View Post

Oh, so it just happens to be a coinky-dink that it all went to shit after your boy king started working the fund raising circuit and lowering his handicap?

Are you for real? Is your head really buried that far up the donkey's ass?

Like you give a shit, Miss Vindication. Dead and wounded are nothing more than bloody stepping stones and messy platforms from which you liberal vermin love to try and leverage more power.

The blood of those who paid the full measure, and those dying right now, is on your hands, Noonwitch. Your support of the filth squatting in the White House has led to the neglect and degradation of decades of a very graceful balancing act that kept things from coming apart. It will take 20 years to undo what that piece of shit democrat has done in the past 5 and will cost mountains more than what we have already paid in lives and treasure.

But, at least you have a lie to tell yourself to make it all better so you can sleep at night, don't you?

I was right about the Iraq War all along. I'm not the one with my head up my ass. I do feel badly for the dead and wounded, and the children who are going to grow up without one of their parents. You think that I don't know anyone who served over there, just because I'm a liberal democrat? You think I have no respect for the military and their service to our country, because I don't like to see their lives wasted for noting? We are not so different when it comes to that. I have plenty of relatives who have served this country honorably-my father (post-war Korea), his brother (war-time Korea), a cousin (Vietnam), and 2 great-uncles (WWII). I had ancestors who served in the American Revolution, the War of 1812 and the winning and right side of the Civil War. I love my country and I am honored to have a family who have contributed to its success since before it was even a nation.

Here's the other thing conservatives never will admit, and will scream "traitor" at anyone who makes this point: We started this crap a long time ago, by messing around with governments in the Middle East: we installed the Shah of Iran in office, we funded both sides of the Iran/Iraq war in the 80s, and gave weapons to both sides, one of which was designated even back then as a supporter of terrorism-that's just a short list of things that have also not helped. Is that the "delicate balance" you referred to? Because that type of duplicity only leads to further distrust and longer-term problems.

I have no problems sleeping at night. I personally don't think you have blood on your hands for voting for Bush, who got us into this mess to begin with, but hey, go ahead and accuse the majority of your fellow citizens of having blood on their hands for voting for someone who disagreed with you about the war that never should have been started. Maybe the GOP will use that in their 2014 congressional races-I'll bet that will win over voters, calling them murderers and all. That would pretty much end all the elephant dreams of winning the Senate.