1. #1 Sudan announces release of Meriam Ibrahim from death row 
    I'll believe it when I see her out of there but, for now, good news.

A Christian woman on death row in a Sudanese prison has been released on the orders of a court in Khartoum after her case became the focus of an international campaign.

Meriam Ibrahim was sentenced to 100 lashes for adultery and to be hanged for apostasy after refusing to renounce her faith last month.

The Sudanese state news agency Suna said: "The appeal court ordered the release of [Ibrahim] and the cancellation of the [earlier] court ruling."

However, there was no sign of Ibrahim, her husband Daniel Wani or their two children at the couple's home in Khartoum.

Mohaned Mostafa, a member of Ibrahim's legal team, said she had been moved to a safehouse "for her protection and security". He told Reuters: "Her family had been threatened before and we are worried that someone might try to harm her."
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

2. #2 Sudan death sentence woman 'freed' 
    A Sudanese woman sentenced to death for abandoning her Islamic faith has been freed from jail, her lawyer has told the BBC.

Meriam Ibrahim's death penalty was overturned by an appeal court, the official Suna news agency reported.

She is married to a Christian man and was sentenced under Sharia law to hang for apostasy in May after refusing to renounce Christianity.

Her husband, Daniel Wani, said he was looking forward to seeing her.

He wanted his family to leave Sudan as soon possible, Mr Wani, who is a US citizen, told the BBC Focus on Africa radio programme.
    link

Here's hoping it sticks this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    link

Here's hoping it sticks this time.
    Thanks for the good news, Lanie. Here's hoping they get out of the Sudan, quickly, before they drag her in again. The pics of how bad she looked after being in that God forsaken prison with her little toddler and giving birth chained in that room looked really bad. That's the religion of peace at it again.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

The most historic and emblematic sign of Muslim persecution of Christians returned in February: Christians in Raqqa, Syria, under the occupation of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria [ISIS], which has since consolidated more territory, were given the three classic choices of Islam: 1) convert to Islam or 2) pay jizya (tribute or extortion money, as in the Koran 9:29) and uphold all the conditions stipulated in the medieval Conditions of Omar—which include heavy restrictions on Christian worship—or 3) the sword

Check out the story on Christians being the most persecuted group in the Gatestone article (sidebar). If you read the article, dated February 2014, they state that ISIS was targeting Christians. Sound familiar---the ISIS that's establishing the Califate? They apparently keep a monthly on the attacks on Christians around the world that are not mentioned by the MSM.

Another thing, go to any article, then go to the bottom of the page. Go to the tab "events". It tells of their monthly speakers. Amazing the quality of their speakers, even Charles Krauthammer (sp), John Bolton, and a long list of very distinguished speakers. This is a think tank with some high powered articles, very thought provoking.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

Power CUer
    BBC is reporting her "re-arrest" as of about half an hour ago. I have NO idea if this is true, just passing along what I picked up in the morning headlines.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27998881
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    BBC is reporting her "re-arrest" as of about half an hour ago. I have NO idea if this is true, just passing along what I picked up in the morning headlines.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27998881
    That's sickening but not unexpected. How many times does this go on over there without publicity, where they just go in and slaughter the Christians? I guess the cross is a target.

"

7. #7 Meriam Ibrahim arrives in New Hampshire, ready to begin new life 
    story

A Sudanese woman who faced the death penalty for refusing to recant her Christian faith has arrived in New Hampshire, ready to begin a new life.

Meriam Ibrahim, her husband and the couple’s two children arrived Thursday night at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, where they were greeted by a throng of supporters from the city’s Sudanese community before getting into an SUV and leaving the airport, the New Hampshire Union Leader reports.

“Thank you so much,” her husband, Daniel Wani, told reporters. “I am so relieved.”

NOW, I believe it.
    Last edited by Retread; 08-01-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    story

A Sudanese woman who faced the death penalty for refusing to recant her Christian faith has arrived in New Hampshire, ready to begin a new life.

Meriam Ibrahim, her husband and the couple’s two children arrived Thursday night at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, where they were greeted by a throng of supporters from the city’s Sudanese community before getting into an SUV and leaving the airport, the New Hampshire Union Leader reports.

“Thank you so much,” her husband, Daniel Wani, told reporters. “I am so relieved.”

NOW, I believe it.
    Good to hear. It's the kind of thing you hold your breath over.

I hope everyone leaves them alone and lets them settle in and heal, after that horrible nightmare.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Now, if we can help Pastor Saeed and all those being persecuted by the ISIS.