Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Now tell me again who hates women and blacks?
    Only if they are conservative.....

Let her be a Jackson-Lee clone and they would LUV her.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    You don't want to go on a reversal of "Anybody who doesn't like Obama is racist." People are entitlted to their own political opinions and they're entitled to keep them once somebody of the opposite race takes up the opposite party.

It only becomes a problem when people use words like the n word, uncle tom, or whatever.

With that being said, I hope she runs.

No one in politics receives character attacks on the level of a conservative minority. And, the abuse is delivered with the comfort of a supportive media.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    No one in politics receives character attacks on the level of a conservative minority. And, the abuse is delivered with the comfort of a supportive media.
    Very true.

I could care less about skin color if a person is qualified to do the job. Liberals think otherwise, they want it to look like conservatives are holding minorities back. It's sad, yet true.

Republican Star Mia Love Gets Second Chance to Make Political History

(Reuters) – Utah’s Mia Love, a Republican darling who could become the first conservative black woman elected to U.S. Congress, is getting a second, and likely better, chance to make history after narrowly losing to a popular incumbent Democrat in 2012.
    Love, 39, is a Mormon mother of three who is upending stereotypes about the state and its predominant faith. She locked up her party’s nomination to vie for an open seat in Utah’s 4th District at a state convention last month with an overwhelming 78 percent of the vote.
    The seat became available when Jim Matheson retired after seven terms in Congress as the heavily conservative state’s lone Democrat in Washington. Two years ago, the politically savvy son of a beloved Utah governor beat Love by fewer than 800 votes.
    If Love wins this time, she would become an unlikely champion in Washington of staunchly conservative views – limited government, fiscal discipline and state’s rights. The daughter of Haitian immigrants is pro-life, pro-gun and holds a concealed weapons permit.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.