Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Little Girl Being Kicked Out Of KFC Story May Be A Hoax 
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-was-elaborat/

If true these people need to be jailed for life and the little girl needs to be with better people.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I saw this on the news this morning-to KFC's credit, they stated that the family can keep the money they donated, regardless of the outcome of the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I saw this on the news this morning-to KFC's credit, they stated that the family can keep the money they donated, regardless of the outcome of the investigation.
    It's their money but I don't agree with it. It's rewarding bad behavior.

I don't understand why the grandmother felt it necessary to make some company look bad. People are generous when it comes to helping children.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    It's their money but I don't agree with it. It's rewarding bad behavior.
    I know what you mean, but I think KFC was thinking more about the little girl than the grandmother's poor behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by thundley4 View Post
    I don't understand why the grandmother felt it necessary to make some company look bad. People are generous when it comes to helping children.
    For precisely the reason as the outcome. To extort money. And she got it because KFC is being stupid enough to let them have it.

I just hope the money is actually used to help the little girl rather then send the grandparent on a shopping spree.

I know of a couple fake cancer hoaxes in which the person stating they had cancer not only had to repay the fundraising money, they spent some time in jail for fraud.

Even after it was exposed as a hoax the girl's aunt continued to defend the family on social media:

"I promise [it's] not a hoax," Teri Rials Bates, Victoria's aunt, wrote Tuesday on a Facebook page that had been created in April to give updates on Victoria's recovery. "I never thought any of this would blow up the way it has. The article circling the web calling this a hoax is untrue. The article [says] the investigation is not complete. It is not over until KFC releases a statement.

"The family has not asked for anything," Bates added. "I have personally watched this family go without to provide for Victoria. They have not and would not do anything to hurt Victoria in any way."

The Facebook page appears to have been since taken down.
    According to a report by the Laurel Leader-Call published on Tuesday, the story, first posted on Facebook by Victoria Wilcher's grandmother, was "generated out of whole cloth and resulted in the family bilking the public and professionals for more than $135,000 in cash, as well as gifts and free surgeries."
    http://news.yahoo.com/kfc-girl-hoax-133756398.html

The Wendy's Chili Hoaxer needs a roomie in prison (where she is, last I heard, though not for the Wendy's Chili Hoax)!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    The Wendy's Chili Hoaxer needs a roomie in prison (where she is, last I heard, though not for the Wendy's Chili Hoax)!

I'm sure many of those that made donations made sacrifices in order to donate. I know I usually do when I donate to what I feel are good causes, I usually find something I can go without for the week or the month in order to help someone in need. I think the adults in this little girl's family suck.

Did I mention I stopped in at KFC to pick up some mashed potatoes and ice tea and they kicked me out? I will post my paypal account information later, feel sorry for me.