Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 CNN projects incumbent Thad Cochran has beaten tea party challenger Chris McDaniel 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    There are damned few pols, period, who hold this country in higher regard, than their own power...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

When are people going to wake up. The establishment GOP and the Democrats are no different than one another. Look at this video and dispute that:

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

And a quarter of a million dollars from Bloomberg.

Hell of a deal when the dems screw things up so the conservatives can't even throw out their own garbage.

CNN forgot to blame Bush and the Koch brothers!

Democrats likely swung GOP contest

To clinch the GOP nomination, Cochran's backers turned to Democrats, especially African-Americans who make up 37% of the state's population.

Cochran's supporters actively reminded voters of the senator's work to secure federal funds for programs relied upon by African-Americans, like Head Start and certain medical centers in the state.

It's the kind of message that Republicans barely tout these days, given the renewed focus on fiscal conservatism. But Cochran supporters viewed Democrats as key to their strategy to knock out McDaniel after the incumbent barely kept his reelection hopes alive in the primary.

Mississippi law allows anyone to vote in the runoff, meaning Democrats could go to the polls so long as they didn't vote in the Democratic primary and they don't plan to support their party's candidate in the general election.
    Less then 1500 votes won it.........the Mississippi law sounds confusing to me. I have some rental property there and thought about retiring there. I need to figure out how to vote if I'm going to live there and I still will need to find a young lady to push my wheelchair.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Some People are awful scared of the Tea Party...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    [QUOTE=NJCardFan;614412]When are people going to wake up. The establishment GOP and the Democrats are no different than one another. Look at this video and dispute that:

That video is a scream. Boehner looks like he wishes he were dead, and McConnell looks like he HAS been, for three days or so. You can see McConnell thinking: "Thank God this didn't come out before my primary!"
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    That video is a scream. Boehner looks like he wishes he were dead, and McConnell looks like he HAS been, for three days or so. You can see McConnell thinking: "Thank God this didn't come out before my primary!"
    LOL!

9. #9 Republicans and Democrats Join Forces to Defeat Tea Party 
    I have to ask when the Republicans (can't say conservatives anymore) align with Democrats to defeat a republican candidate who stands against the status quo then are Republicans any better than Democrats. Since the Dems feared then perhaps he was the right choice.

HATTIESBURG, Miss. — With an unusual assist from African-American voters and other Democrats who feared his opponent, Senator Thad Cochran on Tuesday beat back a spirited challenge from State Senator Chris McDaniel, triumphing in a Republican runoff and defeating the Tea Party in the state where the movement’s hopes were bright.

“We all have a right to be proud of our state tonight,” Mr. Cochran said at his victory party in Jackson, Miss. “This is your victory.”

Mr. McDaniel, speaking in Hattiesburg, was angry, and he did not hesitate to say so. “There is something a bit strange, there is something a bit unusual about a Republican primary that’s decided by liberal Democrats,” he said.

He accused Mr. Cochran of abandoning the conservative movement. “So much for principles,” he said.

Mr. McDaniel, an uncompromising conservative, relied on the muscle of outside groups and the enthusiasm of conservative voters who are weary of Mr. Cochran’s old-school Washington ways.
    Whole story here

I've about had it with the Republican party but I don't know what else to do except to not vote and let the Republicans suffer the consequences. Since the Repubs and the Dems are pretty much the same, it seems that America is screwed no matter what.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Yes ... and by whopping great numbers!

And by this lying, pandering to black voters, piece of garbage mailer put out by Thad Cochran's campaign:

http://4-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/...QY64YjY1LH.jpg

Here are some numbers out today:

BREAKING: 25,000-35,000 Democratic Voters Carried Thad Cochran to Victory
    Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 2:28 PM[/B]
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...carry-cochran/
    American By Choice ~ 1980