Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    That will be the average wage of the IKEA workers across the nation, some will make more, some will make less, depending on location. This is something IKEA is doing on their own, 'without the govt forcing them to do so.
    Got it. That's actually kind of deceptive in a way. In that case a lot of retail chains could claim the same thing.

Years ago I took a part time job at minimum wage. In six months, I was made department manager at three times that rate and with full time hours and benefits. Except for new hires, I can't think of anyone working there (most had been there a long time) was working for min. wage.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    Got it. That's actually kind of deceptive in a way. In that case a lot of retail chains could claim the same thing.

Years ago I took a part time job at minimum wage. In six months, I was made department manager at three times that rate and with full time hours and benefits. Except for new hires, I can't think of anyone working there (most had been there a long time) was working for min. wage.
    Exactly!

They did put on quite the celebration for the picture! Free advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by taxed View Post
    The minimum wage is destructive to the free market and needs to be eliminated.
    If the US had taken the road Thomas Paine laid out in Agrarian Justice, there would never have been an argument for a minimum wage to begin with.

Off-the-cuff prediction: Bipartisan support for the elimination of the minimum wage in no more than three generations after a modernized variant of that plan was competently implemented.

A cynic might point out that conditional probabilities are considered mathematically meaningless given an impossible condition.