1. #1 Body of Iowa Teen Logan Blake, Swept Into Storm Drain, Is Found 
    His friend even tried to save him and was sucked in but able to get out:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-found-n145911

The frantic search for an Iowa teen missing after he was sucked into a storm drain came to a sad end Tuesday when the body of the 17-year-old was found, officials said.

The body of Logan Blake was found at about 4 p.m. Tuesday, in Cedar Lake in about three feet of water and 75 yards from shore, Cedar Rapids Fire Department Chaplain Dr. Jim Coyle told NBC News.

“The family is very grateful for all the volunteers who have come here ... unfortunately,it was not a good result today," Colyle told reporters Tuesday afternoon.

“What took place is a flood of water, and if any of you have ever been in rushing water, it takes you very swiftly and that’s what happened,” he added.

Dozens of rescue workers had been searching for the boy since he was swept into a storm drain at 7:20 p.m. local time Monday while trying to retrieve a Frisbee. About 5 inches of rain had fallen in the area earlier in the afternoon, flooding out roads and overwhelming the storm sewer system, city officials said.

Coyle said the high school senior and church youth group members was "very loved" in the community.

“I don’t think there is a single person who knew Logan who did not fall in love with him,” Coyle said.

Blake's friend, David Bliss, tried to reach Blake but was also swept into the drain and traveled for more than a mile before emerging from the end of a pipe that flows into Cedar Lake.
    How tragic. My heart and prayers go out to the parents, community, his friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    His friend even tried to save him and was sucked in but able to get out:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-found-n145911

How tragic. My heart and prayers go out to the parents, community, his friends and family.
    Tragic for the family, yes... But he did his work on Earth, and Jesus called him home...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Tragic for the family, yes... But he did his work on Earth, and Jesus called him home...

True.

So many people do not recognize the power of water currents, I give his friend a lot of credit for trying to save his life.