Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Texas rep says military bases ‘turning into refugee camps' 
    Texas officials appealed to the Obama administration on Thursday to secure the U.S.-Mexico border once and for all as waves of illegal immigrant children overwhelm the system, with one lawmaker saying U.S. military bases effectively have been transformed into camps to handle the influx.

"Our military bases are turning into refugee camps. I never thought I'd see this in the United States of America," House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael McCaul, R-Texas, said.

McCaul spoke at a field hearing he convened in McAllen, Texas, in the Rio Grande Valley which has seen the brunt of the migrant surge. Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who has deployed state resources in a bid to boost border security, and other state officials testified at the hearing.

"Secure this border, Mr. President," Perry urged in his opening remarks.

The hearing comes as the Obama administration, and local communities, grapple with the influx of illegal immigrant children and families, mostly from Central America.

Several top-ranking lawmakers have visited the border in recent days, and President Obama earlier this week requested additional authority to speed up deportations in some cases. He also announced he's shifting enforcement resources from the interior to the affected areas.

But in the meantime, the federal government is scrambling to house illegal immigrant minors awaiting immigration proceedings. They are spread out among a number of facilities, including military bases like Ft. Sill in Oklahoma and Lackland Air Force Base in Texas.

McCaul said it is clear the Obama administration is not prepared to deal with the influx. "This has left state and local officials to fill the void," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...s-for-help-on/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Texans may take the LAW into their own hands to control this crap. Who knows, but I hope so.

McCaul said it is clear the Obama administration is not prepared to deal with the influx. "This has left state and local officials to fill the void," he said.
    typical democrat behavior. Fuck it all up and expect someone else to take care of the mess.

Can Rick Perry call up the Texas National Guard to deploy a blocking force on his border between Texas and mexico?
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

His office also revealed that many minors crossing the border alone are meeting up with their parents "who are already in the United States illegally." His office said these parents often "had a role in smuggling the minors into the United States."

Some of the parents are already here and paying to have their children smuggled in.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcoastie! View Post
    Texans may take the LAW into their own hands to control this crap. Who knows, but I hope so.
    Arizona did... remember that outcome?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Arizona did... remember that outcome?
    Texas made a different agreement with the federal government concerning the national gaurd than the other 49 states so it could have a different outcome.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Sorry, don't have the link, but saw one of the Republican congresmen from Texas on Fox the other night, saying he tried to get in Lackland AFB, in his home district, to see what was going on, but was refused admission. He told them he was on a congressional committee with jurisdiction over this, and still refused admission.

How's this for the most transparent administration?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Sorry, don't have the link, but saw one of the Republican congresmen from Texas on Fox the other night, saying he tried to get in Lackland AFB, in his home district, to see what was going on, but was refused admission. He told them he was on a congressional committee with jurisdiction over this, and still refused admission.

How's this for the most transparent administration?

Same thing happened in Oklahoma with a Congress Critter on the Armed Services Committee that tried to visit the refugee camp on Ft Sill

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Nancy Pelosi the twit visited one of these (not) "refugee camps" a couple of weeks ago with no problem, but then she can be trusted to keep her liberal mouth shut about the health conditions of these "refugees".

Quote Originally Posted by lock and load View Post
    Nancy Pelosi the twit visited one of these (not) "refugee camps" a couple of weeks ago with no problem, but then she can be trusted to keep her liberal mouth shut about the health conditions of these "refugees".
    Copy that. ^^^