Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hillary Clinton Donates All University Speaking Fees 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Sounds great doesn't it - in light of the criticism surrounding her gaff about being poor and all the money she's earned from her speaking fees she's made.

Lets see what the article says.

Hillary Clinton continued to justify her high-dollar speaking fees on Friday, telling ABC News’ Ann Compton that all of the money she’s made from colleges over the past year and a half has been donated to her family’s foundation.

All of the fees have been donated to the Clinton Foundation for it to continue its life-changing and life-saving work. So it goes from a foundation at a university to another foundation,” Clinton said when asked about the criticism she and her husband have faced recently for their wealth.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...speaking-fees/
    Wait a second, she donates all the money she earns to a foundation she is the head of?

That raises many more questions.

What is her salary from the the Clinton Foundation? How much of her expenses are covered by the Clinton Foundation money? How many members of her family make salaries from the Clinton Foundation? To what extent is the Clinton Foundation an income tax dodge?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Saw that.

I wonder how many hear the "I gave the money away" part, but not the "to myself, tax free" part.

What a piece of work.

Don't forget Chelsea Clinton, who also works for that Clinton Foundation.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Oh yes, Chelsea - Now there's a spoiled, silver spoon fed, 1% kid. She's never had to do an honest days work in her life.

"I don't care about money". That's a result of being drowned in it her whole life. She has no clue what it'd be like without it.

I'd like to try an experiment - bar her from what she has, and give her (let's be generous) 100 bucks a week.
    How long do you think it'd be before she started "caring"?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Don't forget Chelsea Clinton, who also works for that Clinton Foundation.
    Very true.

I read somewhere the "foundation" spends about 5 million a year just to fly Bill around.

Chelsea doesn't get $50,000 a month from NBC anymore, so I guess it's time she joins the family business.
    I suppose she has to do something to be able to afford a 10.5 million dollar condo. Taxes and fees are just
    over twelve grand a month on top of that, but she doesn't care about money.
    Last edited by Rick; 07-06-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I read somewhere the "foundation" spends about 5 million a year just to fly Bill around.

Chelsea doesn't get $50,000 a month from NBC anymore, so I guess it's time she joins the family business.
    I suppose she has to do something to be able to afford a 10.5 million dollar condo. Taxes and fees are just
    over twelve grand a month on top of that, but she doesn't care about money.

They renamed it from the Clinton Foundation to the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Foundation.
    http://www.clintonfoundation.org/cli...ton-foundation

Quote Originally Posted by thundley4 View Post
    They renamed it from the Clinton Foundation to the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Foundation.
    http://www.clintonfoundation.org/cli...ton-foundation
    Interesting financial info: http://www.clintonfoundation.org/fil...ic_9-10-13.pdf

It looks noble on the surface, but I don't trust those people an ounce.

Rob, I found that too and looked it over. I just can't imagine that much money running
    through those hands, and them being honest with it. I'm just cynical about those folks.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It looks noble on the surface, but I don't trust those people an ounce.

Rob, I found that too and looked it over. I just can't imagine that much money running
    through those hands, and them being honest with it. I'm just cynical about those folks.
    And for a reason.

This is from 2007

Clintons' Charity Not Listed On Senate Disclosure Forms

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and former president Bill Clinton have operated a family charity since 2001, but she failed to list it on annual Senate financial disclosure reports on five occasions.

The Ethics in Government Act requires members of Congress to disclose positions they hold with any outside entity, including nonprofit foundations. Hillary Clinton has served her family foundation as treasurer and secretary since it was established in December 2001, but none of her ethics reports since then have disclosed that fact.

The foundation has enabled the Clintons to write off more than $5 million from their taxable personal income since 2001, while dispensing $1.25 million in charitable contributions over that period.

Clinton's spokesman said her failure to report the existence of the family foundation and the senator's position as an officer was an oversight. Her office immediately amended her Senate ethics reports to add that information late yesterday after receiving inquiries from The Washington Post.

"The details of the Clintons' charitable family foundation and Senator Clinton's role in it have always been publicly available, but, in an oversight that leaders of both parties have made, it was inadvertently omitted from her Senate filing, which has been corrected," Hillary Clinton's press secretary, Philippe Reines, said yesterday.

Among the institutions receiving grants from the Clinton Family Foundation were Yale University, where both attended law school; groups named for deceased heads of state in Israel and Jordan; and a charity connected to the Arkansas businessman who helped Hillary Clinton make $100,000 on a commodities trade that stirred controversy a decade ago, Internal Revenue Service reports show.

(...)

The retired chief of the IRS branch that oversees tax-exempt nonprofits said family-run foundations are commonly created by wealthy Americans, allowing them to earn tax breaks by donating to a charity whose future good works they can control. Such charities need only to give 5 percent of proceeds each year to maintain a tax exemption.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...print/asection
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009