Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Is the ‘I-Word’ the New ‘N-Word’? 
    Progressive commentator Sally Kohn took aim at a word she deemed derogatory and dehumanizing in a CNN column published on July 4.

She compared the term to “n*****” and “f*****” and called for an end to its public usage.

The word: “illegal.”

Here’s how she opened her column:

During the civil rights era, Alabama Gov. George Wallace was asked by a supporter why he was fixated on the politics of race. Wallace replied, ‘You know, I tried to talk about good roads and good schools and all these things that have been part of my career, and nobody listened. And then I began talking about n*ggers, and they stomped the floor.’

In the 1980s, during the rise of the gay rights movement, North Carolina Sen. Jesse Helms accused a political opponent for supporting ‘f*ggots, perverts [and] sexual deviates of this nation.’

Today, opponents of immigration reform attack undocumented immigrants as ‘illegal immigrants.’ Even worse, like anti-immigration extremists, some prominent elected officials use the term ‘illegals.’ Maine Gov. Paul LePage, a Republican, said, ‘I urge all Mainers to tell your city councilors and selectmen to stop handing out your money to illegals.’

Not the same thing? Of course it is.

She goes on to call for the elimination of the term “illegal” from public discourse, essentially arguing that social pressure should be employed to rid American parlance of the adjective.

“The organization Race Forward has a campaign to get media organizations to ‘Drop The I-Word’ in their reporting about immigration,” Kohn wrote. “So far, the campaign has succeeded in getting the Associated Press, USA Today, the Los Angeles Times and many other outlets to stop using the word. But the pressure continues on The New York Times, The Washington Post and radio and television outlets. And the campaign around media usage is just one step toward influencing and ultimately ending the use of the word ‘illegal’ by everyone in America.”

It seemed that Kohn would propose an alternate description for those who enter the U.S. unlawfully: “undocumented immigrants.”

Whether she intended that the word “undocumented” would come to connote “illegal,” or whether she intended that abolishing the use of the word “illegal” would, by association, eliminate the unlawful nature of such immigration, was unclear.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...he-new-n-word/
    Last edited by txradioguy; 07-07-2014 at 01:25 PM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Stupid is as stupid does
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

NBC's Matt Lauer Refuses to Use Word 'Illegal' in Border Coverage

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/nbc...#ixzz36oSLmPkL
    Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

If it's not legal, it's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    NBC's Matt Lauer Refuses to Use Word 'Illegal' in Border Coverage

That's ok. I refuse to watch matt Lauer or nbc news.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

The whole political correctness movement needs to relax, watch Blazing Saddles and get over themselves.

I don't use the n word or the c word ever, I rarely use the f word, but I'm sorry-illegal is illegal, whether it's referring to an undocumented immigrant or a cocaine sale. It's an adjective, not a noun.

I also reserve the right to call a tranny a tranny, if for no other reason, than to shock my politcally correct but very hypocritical relatives and their millenial generation offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

I also reserve the right to call a tranny a tranny, if for no other reason, than to shock my politcally correct but very hypocritical relatives and their millenial generation offspring.
    I think it is unfair to the drive train of automobles to use a term once reserved for them, cars do what they are designed for and transgenders don't.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I think it is unfair to the drive train of automobles to use a term once reserved for them, cars do what they are designed for and transgenders don't.
    Automatic or standard?

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    The whole political correctness movement needs to relax, watch Blazing Saddles and get over themselves.

I don't use the n word or the c word ever, I rarely use the f word, but I'm sorry-illegal is illegal, whether it's referring to an undocumented immigrant or a cocaine sale. It's an adjective, not a noun.

That movie could not be made in this day & age. Just think of all the groups it "could" be offensive to.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

If I was to get a traffic ticket for an illegal u-turn could I argue in traffic court that the citation was racist and insensitive and sue for emotional damage?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.