Thread: Israel

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    They're showing live shots of the attacks on Israel now. What gets me is the press coverage and attitudde of the administration. The cousin of the Palastinian teen who was murdered (burned alive, pretty gruesome) by some Israelis, now under arrest, was beaten by Israeli police. This cousin apparently was participating in protests, throwing rocks at the police.

The cousin/kid is from Tampa. We've been deluged with pictures of the kid, his black eyes, swollen lip. Funny thing, I don't recall much coverage of the 3 Israeli teens who were kidnapped and murdered.

The killing is wrong on both sides, but the Israelis get the negative coverage all the time.

Check out the article in the Gatestone Institute feed on the right side of the screen, Hollywood, Islam and Political Correctness, and get an insight into the handling of the Israeli/Islam situation by the media. It's worth the read.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    My friend posted this as a list of what the people (Not Government) does not like having make noise in Israel during these times when there are so many rocket attacks.

1. You are not allowed to ride motorcycles - however, if you live downhill, you can coast QUIETLY.
    2. If your dishwasher wails (as my 21-year-old dishwasher does), you have to wash dishes by hand.
    3. No ambulances or police cars - if you REALLY need to go, no sirens!
    4. No wind - sorry, that's a no brainer - it just blows too sireny.
    5. Babies are not allowed to ramp up with crying. Just start full blast and save your mothers' hearts . (Hat tip to Yehudit for this one).
    6. No screaching cats...(thanks, Eve)
    7. No moving heavy furniture over my head...(good one, Yael)
    8. Our wonderful air force, please please, breaking the sound barrier is ok, it "just" sounds like a far-away explosion, but when you fly really fast and don't break the sound barrier, we run to our safe rooms thinking it's a siren (Yes! Bracha)
    9. No popcorn popping because it sounds like distant fighting, scaring entire families. (Thanks for this one, John)
    10. Outdoor cats must not be allowed to fight, because it competes with sirens. (John, again - very true)

What else? What scares you and makes you think it is a siren?
    Imagine living where every day noises scare you into thinking your under attack again.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    My friend posted this as a list of what the people (Not Government) does not like having make noise in Israel during these times when there are so many rocket attacks.

Imagine living where every day noises scare you into thinking your under attack again.

In Detroit, we call that the annual guessing game: Is it fireworks or gunshots?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I hope Israel can complete this mission. Hamas needs to be off the planet.
    Not as long as they have an ally in the White House.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    There's probably only one course of action that would work in the long term, but since it involves Israel becoming a unitary secular state, there's zero chance of it happening with the Likud in power, and it would be totally unacceptable to American Evangelicals for somewhat different reasons.
    This was offered up to the Palestinians in the 90's and Arafat turned it down. And where are you getting the Evangelical thing from? Evangelicals hold no political power in this country. If this were so, Obama would have never been elected let alone re-elected. What exactly are you trying to say here? That Israel is the aggressor in this conflict?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

IDF attack on children and teddy bears. (Just kidding, hits a munitions dump)

Rest In Peace America

This am had CBS News on for a nannosecond. They were doing the usual spiel about all the Palestinians killed and talking about those Israelis pounding the Palastinians, with too many civilian casualties. Seems that the Israelis hit some buildings, military targets, that had civilians also living in there.

Really sick of the Israelis being kicked in the rear for defending themselves. I guess they should just roll over and literally die when the terrorists send in those rockets.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    This am had CBS News on for a nannosecond. They were doing the usual spiel about all the Palestinians killed and talking about those Israelis pounding the Palastinians, with too many civilian casualties. Seems that the Israelis hit some buildings, military targets, that had civilians also living in there.

Really sick of the Israelis being kicked in the rear for defending themselves. I guess they should just roll over and literally die when the terrorists send in those rockets.
    On the second day, after Hamas told Israel not to target the leadership of Hama's homes. Israel sent out a warning telling them the targets of a few hits. Shortly after Hama's had Women and children put into those buildings as Human shields. They are counted as part of the Civ. casualties.
    Rest In Peace America

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    IDF attack on children and teddy bears. (Just kidding, hits a munitions dump)

Hamas does the same thing the Iraqi's and the Taliban did. They hid their weapons systems and ammo bunkers in civilian area ON PURPOSE to guarantee civilians get killed if we or in this case the IDF go after them.

Then right on cue there's a CNN/MSNBC/Al Jezeera/ et al camera crew standing by to report on how the IDF are indiscriminately targeting civilians and civilian neighborhoods.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

have to exterminate Hezbollah to. they should have a good suppy of human shields. Pallaywood should be on the air as well
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots