Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 House Resolution Directing the Sergeant-at-Arms to Arrest Lois Lerner for Contempt 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) announced on Thursday that he has filed a resolution directing the House sergeant-at-arms to “arrest Lois Lerner for contempt of Congress” over the IRS targeting scandal.

Stockman said in a statement that asking the U.S. Department of Justice to prosecute Lerner for “admittedly illegal activity” is a “joke.” Instead, the Republican said it is up to the U.S. House to “uphold the rule of law and hold accountable those who illegally targeted American citizens for simply having different ideas than the President.”

Under the proposed resolution, Lerner would be held in a Washington, D.C., jail and would be given access to an attorney and all her constitutional rights.

<...>

Contempt of Congress is an actual criminal offense and the Supreme Court has previously upheld the right of Congress to hold people in contempt and even imprison them, the New York Times wrote in an editorial.

On May 7, the full House voted 231-187 to find Lerner in contempt of Congress, a vote that saw six Democrats join Republicans.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/07/10/gop-congressman-we-just-filed-a-resolution-directing-the-sergeant-at-arms-to-arrest-lois-lerner-for-contempt/
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Can't you just see the contemptuous one peeking through the window, waiting for that knock on the door? Why should someone who flaunted the law get a pass on this? She's counting on a president and administration that will cover up for her and a DOJ that won't prosecute or investigate fully.

It's probably time for Congress to finally take action. She needs to hear that knock on the door.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I really, really want to see this go through.

It goes around Holder, and I like how the text rubs his nose in it.

I like the "NO special treatment" part as well.

It's well past time they start going to jail. I think as soon as she
    lays eyes on the cell, she may just get talkative.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

It's well past time they start going to jail. I think as soon as she
    lays eyes on the cell, she may just get talkative.
    Doubtful. Emperor 0 still has the power of the pardon. Think President Ford and Nixon here.
    Rest In Peace America

I suppose that's bound to come along, yes.

It won't look very good right before the midterms.

Of course, to the "they can do no wrong" crowd, it won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Doubtful. Emperor 0 still has the power of the pardon. Think President Ford and Nixon here.
    Doesn't she have to be tried and convicted before he can pardon her?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJeb View Post
    Doesn't she have to be tried and convicted before he can pardon her?
    Was Nixon tried and convicted before he was pardoned?
    Rest In Peace America

No Apoc, he wasn't. He was basically told "have a nice day, bye bye then".

It's nice to think about this corrupt lackey in jail, but you're right. It'll get quashed from on high.

That shouldn't be an option, as the investigation wants to know if he was involved, but even if it's
    prohibited technically, he'll do it anyway.

She once said she "fears for her life if she testifies". They made it sound like the threat came from
    the outside, but she knows damn well better. If they ever even thought she was going to talk, she'd
    have an "accident" before she ever got there.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Given how Obama has asserted Executive Privilege over Fast and Furious emails and communications to save himself...the minute it breaks that they've been found on a server somewhere or that data has been recovered from one of the destroyed hard drives...he'll do it so fast it'll make the country's collective head spin.

Wouldn't surprise me if the paperwork is already drafted just waiting for a signature and date.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

She once said she "fears for her life if she testifies". They made it sound like the threat came from
    the outside, but she knows damn well better. If they ever even thought she was going to talk, she'd
    have an "accident" before she ever got there.
    That sure doesn't surprise me. She could probably get a lot of people locked up if she sings.

What's also interesting about her, is that her husband, Michael Miles, worked as an attorney in the Office of the Chief Counsel of the IRS.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.