1. #1 Tinfoil for sale , tinfoil for sale! 
    cloudythescribbler (1000+ posts) Sat Oct-11-08 07:09 PM
    Original message
    Poll question: How likely is it that the W Administration will concoct some international crisis as a hail mary?
    Polls clearly show that the more the election focuses on the economy, especially an economy in crisis so easily laid at the GOP's feet, the better Obama does. By contrast, it is argued cogently by many that the more people are focused, in fear, on international relations, terrorism, war, etc (other than simply getting out of Iraq), the better it is for McCain. Clearly the reality than an atmosphere of "security crisis" of some kind might be the ONLY way that McCain could even come close enough to winning at the polls for the election to be stolen is not lost on the W Bush Administration.

Also, the notion of accusing the president of starting some major crisis situation, when he cries "emergency" is apt to be treated with outrage in the MSM, and in turn pose a serious problem for 'swing voters' in swing states. The temptation might be enormous.

But there are a mere two weeks and several days to go until election day -- so any international MILITARY/SECURITY and/or TERRORISM crisis would have to be concocted fast, if it is going to happen.

What are the chances of such a crisis "happening" in the next 2 1/2 weeks?
    Poll result (4 votes)
    0-10% chance -- Even if W is unethical enough to do that, the ruling class wouldn't let him (1 votes, 25%) Vote
    10-30% chance -- a serious possibility, but not anywhere near a likelihood (1 votes, 25%) Vote
    30-50% chance -- it's a strategy no doubt being seriously considered by the GOP leadership as you read this (1 votes, 25%) Vote
    50%-70% -- More probable than not, W just needs to think he can get away with it (1 votes, 25%) Vote
    70%-90% -- unless something happens now to stop it, it's practically a done deal (0 votes, 0%) Vote
    90%-100% -- the question isn't IF, but WHERE? (0 votes, 0%) Vote
    It's the apocalypse (0 votes, 0%) Vote
    Other (see comment below) (0 votes, 0%) Vote
    Yeah, just like DU predictions of Bush catching Bin Laden in Oct. 04 came through, right?

They never get tired of being this stupid. God bless 'em for the entertainment they provide.

Cloudyheadeddribbler left out the "marshall" law option though.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x7415972
    Last edited by FDK; 10-11-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    ...But there are a mere two weeks and several days...
    This moron cannot even add.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    This moron cannot even add.
    The OP obviously graduated from public school and realizes he can add so he covers himself with that several days remark. It's like two weeks and 10 days away.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Ahhhhh...I see we have ID'd Loganspapa's mole on DU!!!!:D:D
    May the FORCE be with you!