Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    To make voting for a Republican in 2016 worthwhile some serious demonstration that the repub was not part of the same cabal which has owned every Prez from LBJ on would be required.

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Remember when Obama was caught on tape saying this to Dmitri Medvedev of Russia?
    Absolutely. And what did your party leadership or Romney say about it? Nothing. What did they do about it? Nothing.

Silence is assent.

Do you not agree that with today's "everyday matters" in this most perilous of times in our history with this traitorous man as our President ... that it is important to hold your nose and vote for a Republican President in 2016?
    I do not.

Your party has failed to show that they will reverse King Putt's tyranny. Your party leaders and potential candidates allow the abuses of the Constitution and the People to go on because they want to hold the reins of power in the New America - the America of the Imperial President and the Unlimited Purse.

Your party has failed to demonstrate that they will stop our country's slide from "government" to "rule", from Liberty to tyranny, from George Washington to Idi Amin; and return our government to the founding principles and constitutional limits.

The current Republican Party has done nothing to earn my trust- or my vote. Millions of Americans agree with me. Earn our trust, and you'll earn our votes. It's as simple as that.
    It is the right and duty of the citizen to be at all times armed.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by american patriot View Post
    To make voting for a Republican in 2016 worthwhile some serious demonstration that the repub was not part of the same cabal which has owned every Prez from LBJ on would be required.
    And I will try once again, to you also ... in a lighter vein.

What you ask for cannot possibly be realized, and you know it. To paraphrase Bette Davis in the movie "Now, Voyager" ...

"Oh, american patriot, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars."
    Oh well! I think you get the meaning!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post

Your party has failed to show that they will reverse King Putt's tyranny. Your party leaders and potential candidates allow the abuses of the Constitution and the People to go on ...

>snip<

Your party has failed to demonstrate that they will stop our country's slide from "government" to "rule", from Liberty to tyranny, from George Washington to Idi Amin; and return our government to the founding principles and constitutional limits.
    While much of what you say is unfortunately true re the Republicans having done nothing in most cases ...

Can we at least agree ... to lay most of the blame at the feet of Harry Reid and that bastard Eric Holder for successfully thwarting the Republicans every attempt to stop the country's "slide from "government" to "rule", from Liberty to tyranny, etc." as you put it?

Reagan warned us about Obama. This compares Reagan's speech to Obama's action.

I love it when Reagan says we have no left or right, we only have up or down, and we can't keep going down. I guess he warned us about Clinton and his intern as well.

The brushfires are in the minds of men. To see them would require removing the tops of some people's skulls, and nobody wants that.

Seriously, I am busy setting those brushfires out here where the deer and the antelope roam. I write a radio essay series about Liberty, which is broadcast on a local radio station. I'm trying to get the radio essays syndicated, and I am putting the scripts together into a book. I wrote a position paper for my state senator (who is a Tea Party Republican), when we were fighting against the infringement of our right to keep and bear arms. I'm active in local government.

And, here I am talking to you about personal freedom, personal responsibility, and limited constitutional government. Even if a brushfire doesn't ignite in your mind, it may for someone else.
    My fire has been going on for a little over 40 years now and my local activity since retirement has been upped considerably with the additional time I have available. IMHO you have no marks on the wall above mine.

My response stands - while fully recognizing that what you do locally is the most important because only from the grassroots up can things be turned around, what you have done here is to tell all of us who exercise our personal responsibility and vote in each and every election that we are totally wasting our time if the candidate does not agree with us 100% across the board. I reject that out of hand. I will vote even if it is against one candidate simply to prevent them gaining the office.

Again, IMHO, anyone who does not vote has no right to complain.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Oh Mercy, Retread ...

I promised myself not to check in again tonight, but simply had to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    My response stands - while fully recognizing that what you do locally is the most important because only from the grassroots up can things be turned around, what you have done here is to tell all of us who exercise our personal responsibility and vote in each and every election that we are totally wasting our time if the candidate does not agree with us 100% across the board. I reject that out of hand. I will vote even if it is against one candidate simply to prevent them gaining the office.
    I concur 100%.

("Concur" one of my favorite words. Means much more than simply being in agreement with someone!)
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 07-20-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Oh Mercy, Retread ...

I promised myself not to check in again tonight, but simply had to do so.

I concur 100%.

("Concur" one of my favorite words. Means much more than simply being in agreement with someone!)
    I concur as well, ABC. I understand the desire to avoid voting for RINOs and for statist Republicans. However, it's far worse to let the pure, unadulterated leftists take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    My fire has been going on for a little over 40 years now and my local activity since retirement has been upped considerably with the additional time I have available. IMHO you have no marks on the wall above mine.
    You asked me what I am doing to light brushfires, and I told you. I made no comparison against your civic or political involvement. The only marks on the wall are those you are putting up.

what you have done here is to tell all of us who exercise our personal responsibility and vote in each and every election that we are totally wasting our time if the candidate does not agree with us 100% across the board. I reject that out of hand. I will vote even if it is against one candidate simply to prevent them gaining the office.
    I told you nothing of the kind. I am making no effort to influence your vote. In fact, I have been pretty clear that I want each voter, myself included, to follow his conscience.

I have a litmus test for candidates, but it comes nowhere near 100% agreement on all issues. To earn my vote, a candidate must have a track record of words and actions in support of three non-negotiable principles, upon which our nation was founded:
    1. Personal freedom
    2. Personal responsibility
    3. Limited constitutional government

That's not too much to ask of my public servants, is it?

Again, IMHO, anyone who does not vote has no right to complain.
    In my opinion, a citizen's right to free speech, and to criticize the government, is not dependent on how or whether that citizen voted. I suspect Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Samuel Adams, et al would agree with me. Voting "None of the Above" is a valid choice, whether the phrase is written in, or the ballot is not marked; as is voting for a candidate who is not (R) or (D) who is closest to one's own convictions.

I don't trust your party to do the right thing for our country. Lots of people like me don't trust your party. Your party is fighting libertarians, conservatives, and its own Tea Party members with more venom then they have expended on a Democrat in the last twelve presidential elections. Your party needs our votes. You won't get our votes by demanding them. You won't get our votes by running a campaign of the lesser of two evils. You won't get our votes by nominating Romney 2.0 or another Bush.

You'll have to earn our votes. The only way to earn our votes is to earn our trust. The next Presidential election is in two years and three months. What is your party going to do between now and then to earn our trust, and our votes? What are you going to do?
    It is the right and duty of the citizen to be at all times armed.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You'll have to earn our votes. The only way to earn our votes is to earn our trust. The next Presidential election is in two years and three months. What is your party going to do between now and then to earn our trust, and our votes? What are you going to do?
    No, the question is what are you going to do?

You can continue to back a party that will never elect anyone to a higher position than dog catcher, and continue to remain irrelevant and continue to put Democrats in office, or YOU can start to hold the Republican party responsible for your views. There are plenty of Republicans that hold your views. Get involved. Do something.
    Be Not Afraid.