Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    To control freaks like Boehner, Graham, McCain and the Republican leadership liberty is a bad thing. Reagan ran up against the same thing.
    Annnnnd, I bet the Libertarian Party would not be with Reagan on his war on drugs. They'd say it makes things worse. I tend to agree, but most voters won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Annnnnd, I bet the Libertarian Party would not be with Reagan on his war on drugs. They'd say it makes things worse. I tend to agree, but most voters won't.
    Sure thing, we can argue all day about drugs, while the border continues to be overrun, our foreign policy collapses, our health care system is destroyed, our economy collapses and terrorists continue to grow in strength.
    I was mocked in another thread when I said the Republican leadership needed to adapt some Libertarian views, "some" was quickly transformed into all and a straw-man was quickly built and mocked.
    The Republican party leadership has been mocking tea-party Americans all along, they won't fund conservative choices and they to finance their good old boy network, this is not a way to bring the party together.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

The platform of the Libertarian Party is not a creed for libertarians. Capitalized, the word refers to members of the LP; in lower case, it refers to all people who hold liberty to be the greatest civic virtue, and believe the only legitimate function of government is to safeguard individual liberty.

The same applies for Republicans and republicans, Democrats and democrats. "Big R" Republicans don't believe in a republic, and "Big D" Democrats don't believe in democracy. Both sides want to rule, they just want to be the ones doing the ruling. Libertarians ("Big L" and "small l" both) deny the government has authority to rule, and the power to govern is limited to the enumerated powers of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    You have to be realistic. Unless there's a major social reform, there won't be a Libertarian President.
    You must be realistic, Lanie. People who believe in personal freedom, personal responsibility, and limited constitutional government won't vote for establishment Republicans, Democrats of any stripe, or other statist collectivists. It's a matter of principle: Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

That "major social reform" you are talking about is going to have to take place within the Republican Party, which is the root of the current "RINO" vs Tea Party battle. Unless the GOP energetically embraces the founding principles of this nation- natural rights, life, Liberty and property- neither Tea Party Republicans nor libertarians will vote for Republican candidates. Without those votes, there won't be a Republican president- see Romney 2012.

It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
    -Samuel Adams
    It is the right and duty of the citizen to be at all times armed.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Several people that I know that voted for a Libertarian President in 2012 were democrats that voted for Obama in 2008.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 07-19-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Several people that I know that voted for a Libertarian President in 2010 were democrats that voted for Obama in 2008.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Several people that I know that voted for a Libertarian President in 2010 were democrats that voted for Obama in 2008.
    Early voting!
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Early voting!
    Two years early, I fixed my typo.

Two years early, I fixed my typo.
    I had to have some fun with you, my friend.

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    I had to have some fun with you, my friend.

Most Dems do vote early, often and post mortem.

Most Dems do vote early, often and post mortem.
    It's as close to working as most of them will ever get.

Including the dead ones.
    - Thomas Jefferson