Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Twice now the Republican leadership has tried to shove a moderate down our throats while mocking us the whole time and then stood back and said why did we lose. maybe they should try something different this time, no Bushes, no McCain's, no Cristy's, no Romney's!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You do realize it was this attitude that allowed Obama to get re-elected.
    On the contrary, your party got Obama re-elected by nominating his half-brother Mitt.

Obama is a shit sandwich, and Romney was a shit sandwich with jelly on it. Do better next time.
    It is the right and duty of the citizen to be at all times armed.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Not to put to fine a point on it Big Dog but the attitude/view you have shown here is still running us off the same cliff at somewhere in the middle speeds you list. Unless/until you and yours can do something you are still contributing to the problem. That clear conscience is a figment of the moment if we all end up in the same hell.
    I am doing something.

Do you remember seeing this quote earlier?

It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
    -Samuel Adams

Well, here I am, setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    I am doing something.

Do you remember seeing this quote earlier?

It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
    -Samuel Adams

Well, here I am, setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
    Sorry - I must have missed all the flames. All I've seen is ..........
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Sorry - I must have missed all the flames. All I've seen is ..........
    The brushfires are in the minds of men. To see them would require removing the tops of some people's skulls, and nobody wants that.

Seriously, I am busy setting those brushfires out here where the deer and the antelope roam. I write a radio essay series about Liberty, which is broadcast on a local radio station. I'm trying to get the radio essays syndicated, and I am putting the scripts together into a book. I wrote a position paper for my state senator (who is a Tea Party Republican), when we were fighting against the infringement of our right to keep and bear arms. I'm active in local government.

And, here I am talking to you about personal freedom, personal responsibility, and limited constitutional government. Even if a brushfire doesn't ignite in your mind, it may for someone else.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Annnnnd, I bet the Libertarian Party would not be with Reagan on his war on drugs. They'd say it makes things worse. I tend to agree, but most voters won't.
    President Reagan felt that illegal drugs were a threat to our national security. The current border crisis might prove this to be true. The first lady then took the "just say no" campaign on as her project, which was aimed at children and I'm sure provided more benefits then the current first lady's war on school lunch. Every first lady has a project and it usually involves the widdle children.

Nixon was actually the first President to popularize the term "war on drugs" although the polices dated back to 1914 followed by The Bureau of Narcotics starting up in 1930.

So it's been a 100 year war at this point....
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 07-20-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    It's as close to working as most of them will ever get.

Including the dead ones.
    LOL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Twice now the Republican leadership has tried to shove a moderate down our throats while mocking us the whole time and then stood back and said why did we lose. maybe they should try something different this time, no Bushes, no McCain's, no Cristy's, no Romney's!
    President Obama won because the GOP could not find anyone that could win against Obama, that is pretty sad when you think about it.

On a local level I voted for several L's, I's or R's running as "constitutionalists".......and we also were able to remove one layer of local government, our town board which ends Jan 5. Despite the vote of the people the town board took the vote clear to the NV Supreme court, wasting even more tax dollars, and they lost. Then they started a petition drive, did not follow the proper rules, the petitions were spoiled, and they had to start over with only a week to go, out of 37000 residents they ended up with 500 signatures in an attempt to put the town board question back on the ballot. More time and money spent.

It's a start in the right direction. How many towns can you open carry at town board meetings? You can in my town. How many towns had members of the local pretty radical county GOP group initiate a citizens arrest against the entire town board and town manager? My town did. Everyone of those assholes were walked out in handcuffs. They were abusing their power. They ignored public opinion and were doing what ever they wanted to do, wasting money on useless feasibility studies. One example was 250k to see if we were a good location for an amusement park, in May it was over 100 degrees here...triple digits in June, this continues to September, Disneyland is four hours away, hard to compete with that.

Our Republican candidate for Lt Gov won without the endorsement of the National, State or Local GOP........another step in the right direction. He will be on the November ballot. He was actually one of the state attorney generals that participated in the Obamacare trial before the supreme court. Naturally he is opposed to the ACA. The other R candidate spammed our county's elderly population with junk mail everyday and she won the primary vote in our county, but lost at a state level. I did a lot of social networking trying to get his name spread around town during the early election.

If there is any way to limit government, restore our lost liberties and personal freedoms and protect the ones we have left, count me in.

I also do a lot of voting with PayPal in those districts in which I can't vote, I donate. I'm far from wealthy and very underemployed due to life's interruptions that involve family matters that are more important then money right now, but I still find a way to contribute.

Big Dog ... you wrote:

The GOP shows me almost daily that they didn't deserve my vote in 2012, and they don't deserve it today. It's up to you and your party to earn my vote in 2016.
    Not counting on the fact that what I say will have much of an impact on you ... but I must at least try.

Remember when Obama was caught on tape saying this to Dmitri Medvedev of Russia?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE

This evil man's sycophantic candidates are the ones that we are trying to defeat.

Wish you could see that by staying home and not voting against them, is only helping to keep them in power.

Doing the right thing for the right reason is never wrong. It's something our friend dutch calls "moral clarity". I call it honor.
    While I do agree with you on that ... it brings to mind Shakespeare's Falstaff character saying, ""The better part of valor is discretion"

Discretion ~ Noun
    The ability to make intelligent decisions especially in everyday matters
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/discretion

Do you not agree that with today's "everyday matters" in this most perilous of times in our history with this traitorous man as our President ... that it is important to hold your nose and vote for a Republican President in 2016?
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 07-20-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980