Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    No, the question is what are you going to do?

You can continue to back a party that will never elect anyone to a higher position than dog catcher, and continue to remain irrelevant and continue to put Democrats in office, or YOU can start to hold the Republican party responsible for your views. There are plenty of Republicans that hold your views. Get involved. Do something.
    You already know what I'm going to do.

My vote is like a dollar in my wallet. If you want my dollar, you'll offer a product I want to buy.

The ball's in your court. Earn my vote.
    It is the right and duty of the citizen to be at all times armed.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    No, the question is what are you going to do?

You can continue to back a party that will never elect anyone to a higher position than dog catcher, and continue to remain irrelevant and continue to put Democrats in office, or YOU can start to hold the Republican party responsible for your views. There are plenty of Republicans that hold your views. Get involved. Do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post

My vote is like a dollar in my wallet. If you want my dollar, you'll offer a product I want to buy.

JB - :

Like the man said, sitting on the sidelines is simply allowing the evil to forge ahead. And not marking a ballot is sitting on the sidelines. No, you have no right to complain. Anyone living in the times of Jefferson and Madison would never think of failing to vote.

And your blanket presumption that I am a Republican is particularly offensive. Yes, I often vote for Republicans but have often voted for Democrats (never dims) and have even voted for one or two Libertarians. None of which is defining. I vote for those whose words and deeds match or against those whose deeds I find as non-freedom loving. What is defining is I haven't failed to vote in any contested position since 1963.
    Last edited by Retread; 07-21-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I expect sir, that you are well aware that the 'deal' you are being offered is 'Buy our tainted pork taco or you will be forced to eat the other guy's dog poop burito and say yummmm.......after every bite.'

either way you are going to die of food poisoning. whether or not Hannity tells you 'let not your heart be troubled' as you chow down on barbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    JB - :

Like the man said, sitting on the sidelines is simply allowing the evil to forge ahead. And not marking a ballot is sitting on the sidelines. No, you have no right to complain.
    And yet here I am, complaining about the Republicans and the Democrats. Free speech is a bitch, isn't it?

Anyone living in the times of Jefferson and Madison would never think of failing to vote.
    Anyone? Are you sure about that?

Look up John Dickinson, about whom Jefferson said "(his) name will be consecrated in history as one of the great worthies of the revolution"; he abstained from the votes on the Declaration of Independence. The entire Georgia delegation abstained from the First Continental Congress in 1775; Rhode Island abstained from the Constitutional Convention in 1787. Abstentions during the state ratification conventions were common; Rhode Island's Anti-Federalists abstained, but the Constitution passed 34-32 without their votes.

And your blanket presumption that I am a Republican is particularly offensive.
    My apologies for calling you a Republican. I can see why you would take offense to that.

I stand corrected.
    It is the right and duty of the citizen to be at all times armed.
    - Thomas Jefferson

And yet here I am, complaining about the Republicans and the Democrats. Free speech is a bitch, isn't it?
    But then allow the one doing the most damage to this country to remain in power by acting like a child and taking your ball and going home on election day. Actions, or in this case, inactions, have consequences.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Stand up for principles into the primaries and then you vote for those that come the closest to you principles.
    Well said.

I dream of a third party combined with campaign reform.

You know what, keep your dollar and your vote. I don't want it.

You and the million other Libertarian votes will remain meaningless in 2016. You still won't pull more than 1% of the vote and you'll continue to bitch and moan about how bad all the other guys are and how you are not represented. Guess what, you never will be.

I tried. You didn't listen. I'm no longer interested.
    Be Not Afraid.

Off topic question ...

Has JB been "banned," as it says under his name?
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Off topic question ...

That's his version of your "drive by" nom de plume.

But I'll bet the DU banned him before he arrived.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Off topic question ...

Everytime he's banned, he jumps right back in. lol.

Donors can change their usertitle to anything they want to. One day, I'll change mine to "Candidate for House" just to see people panic.