Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Glenn Beck To Donate Food, Clothing To Illegal Immigrant Children and Local Churches 
    http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/07/14...churches-texas

“I don’t think we’re going to be able to solve anything, if we don’t stop yelling at each other and if we don’t stop accusing each other of hatred and racism,” Beck said. “I really fear that we are on the edge of losing our country through this division if we don’t find ways to say ‘Look, we all love the children, we all feel the same way.” He added that he couldn’t imagine sending a child across the border on their own given the dangers of sex and drug trafficking.

Beck admitted that many in the far right have been critical of his decision to help the illegal immigrant children, but he remains determined to help. “There are a lot of people that are very upset because they think I’m going to be encouraging people to come here and that’s not true,” he said. “It’s evil what’s happening to the children all the way around and then to have them being used for political purposes. I don’t care if it’s the left or the right that’s doing it. It is wrong, it is shameful, it’s un-American and it’s not the Christian thing to do.”

Several Congressional lawmakers have paid visits to U.S. border patrol centers since the crisis reached its peak last month, but President Obama has so far refused to go. Last week, Obama said he was “not interested in photo ops,” but met with Texas governor Rick Perry to address immigration reform. Gov. Perry suggested that the only way to stem the flow of illegal immigrants crossing the border is to call down National Guard troops to help protect the border.

“I think [Obama’s] definition of justice may be different from my definition of justice.” Beck said. “The government is to provide justice and it’s our job to provide mercy. I think the government is failing on justice and he may have a different definition of justice.”

I think Beck should take the 1.8M and help pay the taxpayers back.

I usually can't stand Beck, but I think he's doing the right thing here, with private money. He's looking at people who are suffering and is doing something to alleviate their suffering. While the government spins it's wheels trying to figure out what to do with all these people, they still are hungry, dirty and many have been exploited and mistreated.

The politics of it are one thing. The response of Christians (or others) acting as such to people who are suffering is a separate thing. Beck is not making a political stance, he is making a moral one.

Sounds like a great idea, as long as they serve it up in Chiapas or one of the nearby provinces, and don't forget to lock the door behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I usually can't stand Beck, but I think he's doing the right thing here, with private money. He's looking at people who are suffering and is doing something to alleviate their suffering. While the government spins it's wheels trying to figure out what to do with all these people, they still are hungry, dirty and many have been exploited and mistreated.

The politics of it are one thing. The response of Christians (or others) acting as such to people who are suffering is a separate thing. Beck is not making a political stance, he is making a moral one.
    I agree.

Banned
    If Libs like what Beck is doing...then he's doing something wrong.

Not sure if he fell and bumped his head or what...but he's gone over the Liberal deep end on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post

Not sure if he fell and bumped his head or what...but he's gone over the Liberal deep end on this one.
    No, he's not. He acting like a good Christian and he's right. It's not the kids' fault they're being used as pawns and they shouldn't be made to suffer because of someone's political agenda.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar

His program is becoming more and more like Glenn Beck Ministries every day, if this is what he wants more power to him, it is his money and time.
    I really don't see him as a political comentator any longer, and agree with him politicaly on fewer things than I used to.
    I got nuthin

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I think Beck should take the 1.8M and help pay the taxpayers back.
    Does that go for all the "MS13"children"?

You are so right..thank you!!!