1. #1 More Evidence the State Department Has 'Gone Rogue' 
    The Wall Street Journal drew attention Friday to the striking difference between statements by President Barack Obama and UN Ambassador Samantha Power on the downed Malaysia Airlines passenger jet in eastern Ukraine. While Obama stopped somewhat short of blaming Russia and Russian separatists, Power, in a speech to the UN Security Council blamed the separatists and hinted strongly at suspicions of a direct Russian role.

It was not the first time that the State Department, notoriously reluctant to be on the right side of any issue, has been out in front on the Ukraine-Russia crisis. Earlier this year, Secretary of State John Kerry visited Maidan square to show solidarity with the Ukrainian people, and even Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Victoria Nuland lost patience with passive Europeans: "F--- the EU," she was caught saying.

At the time, I speculated that the lethargic State bureaucracy had finally lost patience with the hapless White House, and finally gotten up off its Foggy Bottom. "They know that President Obama is disengaged from foreign affairs," I wrote. "Though many State Department bureaucrats lean left, and preferred Obama to the Republican alternatives, they know--after Benghazi--that the White House does not have their backs."

The State Department still appears to be doing things the way it sees fit. That hasn't always worked out so well--last week, for example, spokesperson Jen Psaki alarmed journalists when she virtually ignored the Ukraine crisis and could not say whether any Americans were on the Malaysia flight. But Psaki is a political hack from the Obama campaign. The career bureaucrats seem to be pushing--hard, if quietly--against the administration.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...Has-Gone-Rogue
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Good article. It's about time the grownups start pushing back against the incompetent, though vengeful, administration. Here's hoping there are some patriots left willing to take the punishment doled out against whistleblowers and those who speak their mind.

I guess Obama at least can be forceful on some fronts. Too bad it's against our fellow Americans who just might have a backbone.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

I'm one of (I'm sure) many who consider "Foggy Bottom" a wryly amusing, ruefully appropriate, nickname for the State Department. So that the Foggy Bottom Folks would be saying right things on their own initiative is just one more demonstration of how pathetic Obama's Apology-for-American-Power foreign policy is: if an apology doesn't fit a situation, Obama doesn't know what to do and dithers until the situation plays out (and then whines, "What could I do?"!).
    SVPete

Envy is Greed's bigger, more evil, twin.

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.

Don't bet on any lucid moments over there indicating a trend. State's bureaucracy and the Foreign Service is basically run by Libs, Democrats, and Ivy League legacy graduates from wealthy Lib families who see everything overseas through the lens of their own domestic social values rather than as they really are. The only people in DC who have an accurate vision free of that useless cargo are some of the mid- and lower-level intelligence analysts at CIA and DOD.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Don't bet on any lucid moments over there indicating a trend. State's bureaucracy and the Foreign Service is basically run by Libs, Democrats, and Ivy League legacy graduates from wealthy Lib families who see everything overseas through the lens of their own domestic social values rather than as they really are. The only people in DC who have an accurate vision free of that useless cargo are some of the mid- and lower-level intelligence analysts at CIA and DOD.
    Concur re Foggy Bottom. I think the State Department has been drifting and heading Progressive-Utopian for something like a century, especially since FDR's Administration. US interests have long been ill-represented (or worse) by Foggy Bottom.
    SVPete

Envy is Greed's bigger, more evil, twin.

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.