Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 FLOTUS Tweaks Congress Over School Lunch at Kids’ State Dinner 
    First Lady Michelle Obama’s battle for school lunch reform continued to heat up Friday as she urged a room full of kids and parents to become advocates for healthy lunch programs, despite “grownups’ ” attempts to block reform.

“And while the vast majority of the schools are doing just fine with these new standards, those few complaining voices happen to be the loudest voices and they’re getting the most attention right now,” the first lady said at the third annual Kids’ State Dinner, slamming Congress for “undoing some of the progress” made.

With 54 kid representatives from each state and territory attending the dinner after submitting winning recipes, Obama took the opportunity to center her remarks on school lunch, suggesting the voices of parents and children are necessary in the fight for healthy, nutritious lunches. A panel of judges — which included White House chef Sam Kass — picked the tastiest and healthiest recipes among the 1,500 submissions.

The nutritious component of the contest prompted recipes such as winning dishes “Grillin’ Out Veggie Style” — a seasoned black bean burger topped with avocado spread and served with a side of carrot salad that was cooked up by 10-year-old Georgian Mira Solomon. Another dish, crafted by Michigan’s Elena Hirsch, 11, was dubbed “Barack-oli and Mich-room Obama-let.” The goat cheese and veggie omelette included “carMALIAized” onions, named after 16-year-old Malia Obama.

Though declaring “party in the White House,” at the beginning of her speech, the first lady’s tone turned serious when talking policy. With a sense of urgency, she warned of interest groups that want to keep with the status quo on school lunches.

http://hoh.rollcall.com/flotus-tweak...ol-lunch/?dcz=

Another dish, crafted by Michigan’s Elena Hirsch, 11, was dubbed “Barack-oli and Mich-room Obama-let.” The goat cheese and veggie omelette included “carMALIAized” onions, named after 16-year-old Malia Obama.
    Sickening.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Sickening.
    It's worse then the DU what's for dinner threads.........

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Sickening.
    Yep, the hero/god worship continues with this family. It appears harmless

here but it's there, none the same.
    May the FORCE be with you!

With a sense of urgency, she warned of interest groups that want to keep with the status quo on school lunches.
    Yeah- parents. Eeeeeevil parents, who refuse to surrender control of their children to the benevolent arms of an all-knowing, all-powerful State.

Piss off, you hypocritical bitch. You didn't grow that double wide ass eating black bean burgers and celery sticks.

It is the right and duty of the citizen to be at all times armed.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Yeah- parents. Eeeeeevil parents, who refuse to surrender control of their children to the benevolent arms of an all-knowing, all-powerful State.

Piss off, you hypocritical bitch. You didn't grow that double wide ass eating black bean burgers and celery sticks.

Now, now, you know they have to keep the nasty one busy. At least it probably keeps her away from baracky more of the time. It's probably a contest who's meaner---Michelle or Hillary.

She probably eats very little of that healthy food--but lots of bean sandwiches can be fattening, too. Know that wouldn't want to be around her when she gets that super nasty look on her face.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

There is no way my kids would have eaten that crap.

We need to bring back the brown bag.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post

We need to bring back the brown bag.
    She is the one that is causing all the trouble.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I'm always reminded of the WH menus when I read about this food Nazi.

Super bowl

- Bratwurst
    - Kielbasa
    - Cheeseburgers
    - Deep Dish Pizza
    - Buffalo Wings
    - German Potato Salad
    - Twice Baked Potatoes
    - Snyders Potato Chips and Pretzels
    - Chips and Dips
    - Salad
    - Ice Cream

Thanksgiving

Turkey
    Honey-Baked Ham
    Cornbread Stuffing
    Oyster Stuffing
    Greens
    Macaroni and Cheese
    Sweet Potatoes
    Mashed Potatoes
    Green Bean Casserole
    Dinner Rolls

Dessert:
    Huckleberry Pie
    Pecan Pie
    Chocolate Cream Pie
    Sweet Potato Pie
    Peach Pie
    Apple Pie
    Pumpkin Pie
    Banana Cream Pie
    Coconut Cream Pie

Michelle loves pie
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

The nutritious component of the contest prompted recipes such as winning dishes “Grillin’ Out Veggie Style” — a seasoned black bean burger topped with avocado spread and served with a side of carrot salad that was cooked up by 10-year-old Georgian Mira Solomon.
    I suppose an expert vegetarian chef could make this faux-burger reasonable tasty, but this "creation" is very time-intensive. A school cafeteria staff isn't going to burn the time necessary to cook and cool the beans, mash and season the beans, add any filler ingredients, form the mash into patties, and then cook the things (on a slab "grill", not a real grill). NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. As for the "carrot salad", would this be some version of the classic mayo-drenched carrot and raisin salad? That can be fairly palatable, even from a school cafeteria, but I'm sure Mooch-chelle's sycophants could screw up even some that basic and classic.

Another dish, crafted by Michigan’s Elena Hirsch, 11, was dubbed “Barack-oli and Mich-room Obama-let.” The goat cheese and veggie omelette included “carMALIAized” onions, named after 16-year-old Malia Obama.
    The pol-worship here is nauseating. I could only bring myself to try this concoction if I was not told the sycophantic name given it. Were it goat cheese, caramelized (a fancy word for grilled!) onions, green onions and possibly diced vine-ripened tomatoes, it could be pretty tasty. I suspect it's been screwed up with an unbalanced load of miscellaneous chopped vegetables. Did Mooch-chelle eat one of these omelets? Without gagging or spitting it out? And again, there's the realities of cafeteria cookery. A school cafeteria isn't going to be getting vast quantities of fresh veggies, nor storing them. There is no way in Hades cafeteria staff will burn the large amounts of prep time and then making individual omelets one by one.

This Potemkin Village fauxto-op exercise was made of Papier Mooch-che'!
    SVPete

Envy is Greed's bigger, more evil, twin.

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.