Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Something needs to be made clear about relocating immigrants. 
    I just want to clear this up. It's not just Obama's doing. It's also Bush's.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rder/11915723/

As part of an effort to stem the flood of children caught trying to cross the nation's southwest border, President Obama is trying to change a 2008 law that dictates how the federal government handles those immigrant children in order to speed up their deportations.

Under that law, most of the unaccompanied minors being caught by Border Patrol agents must be handed over to the Department of Health and Human Services, which coordinates care for them, finds them safe housing and helps advise them on their legal rights as their immigration cases are decided. The president is now asking Congress to amend the law in a way that would allow Border Patrol agents to render a deportation decision themselves and quickly deport the children back to their home country.

Obama made a vague request for changes to federal law in a letter he wrote to congressional leaders on Monday. But a White House official confirmed on Wednesday that the administration is considering changes to the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008, known as the TVPRA, to fast-track deportation decisions.

The official, who was not authorized to speak publicly about the requested changes, said the administration remains committed to the basic tenets of the TVPRA that guarantee protection for children from trafficking and ensures they aren't deported to a dangerous situation. But the official said the changes are necessary to update a law that was crafted when the flow of unaccompanied minors crossing the border was far lower.
    Look at the bold. That's right. Obama just got elected that year. Let's take a closer look at that act.

http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/081...washington.htm

President Bush signs William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act to combat Human Trafficking
    WASHINGTON D.C. - On December 23, President Bush signed into law a bill that enhances measures to combat human trafficking. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff and Immigration and Customs Enforcement Acting Assistant Secretary John Torres were among 16 federal agency and private organizational leaders in the Oval Office who witnessed the signing of H.R. 7311, the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008.
    Prior to the signing, White House Deputy Press Secretary Tony Fratto, said that the bill "has been a priority issue for the administration in preventing the trafficking of persons around the world. So this is a piece of legislation we're very proud to sign."
    George W. Bush signed this because he wanted to prevent human trafficking. Bush was nobody's fool. He knew the difference between a terrorist and an ordinary Muslm. He also understood there was a difference between a gang member and and somebody being trafficked.

Now, look at a comment from the first article.

The president is now asking Congress to amend the law in a way that would allow Border Patrol agents to render a deportation decision themselves and quickly deport the children back to their home country.
    That's right. Bush wanted to make extra sure these kids were not victims of trafficking and Obama wants to reverse what he did (or amend it), so they can more quickly be deported back home.

Now that I've presented the facts on this whole relocation thing, we now return to our regularly scheduled liberal bashing already in progress.

Just want to add some more facts here.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-any-other-pr/

Given the rhetoric that sometimes criticizes Obama for being weak on illegal immigration, we wondered if that was true. We found it was, for the most part.

According to current figures from Immigration and Customs Enforcement -- the federal agency responsible for deportations -- Obama has removed 1.4 million people during his 42 months in office so far. Technically, that's fewer than under George W. Bush, whose cumulative total was 2 million. But Bush’s number covers eight full years, which doesn’t allow an apples-to-apples comparison.

If you instead compare the two presidents’ monthly averages, it works out to 32,886 for Obama and 20,964 for Bush, putting Obama clearly in the lead. Bill Clinton is far behind with 869,676 total and 9,059 per month. All previous occupants of the White House going back to 1892 fell well short of the level of the three most recent presidents.
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...o-disapproval/

Last summer the administration did just this for young unauthorized immigrants brought to the country illegally as children with the creation of the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals” program. Known as DREAMers, more than 500,000 young unauthorized immigrants have taken advantage of the administration’s program. Our 2012 survey of Hispanic adults found wide approval (89% approved of this new policy). A Pew Research Center survey of the general U.S. public found that 63% of U.S. adults approved of this program as well.

But deportations of unauthorized immigrants continue at record levels. In 2011 some 392,000 immigrants were removed from the U.S., according to the Department of Homeland Security. Among them, 48% were deported for breaking U.S. laws, such as drug trafficking, driving under the influence and entering the country illegally.

The Obama Administration has deported more immigrants annually than the George W. Bush Administration.
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...tions/7340419/

Cardinal, bishops hold Mass at borderThat reputation has been further cemented by a milestone being protested today by immigrant advocates in Arizona and around the country: Under Obama's administration, the U.S. has exceeded 2 million deportations.

More: Immigration news

The milestone is significant because it means Obama's administration has deported more people than any other president's.

What's more, it took Obama's administration just over five years to exceed the 2 million deportations that took place under all eight years of President George W. Bush's administration, which set the previous record after ramping up deportations following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Sounds like Swiss cheese. I will let someone else fill in the holes for you.

What is the percentage of illegals that were deported under Bush v. Obama? Naturally there could be more deportations if there are more crossings.

I guess it's Bush's fault that Obama stood inactive on this issue for so long, including not securing our border.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Sounds like Swiss cheese. I will let someone else fill in the holes for you.

What is the percentage of illegals that were deported under Bush v. Obama? Naturally there could be more deportations if there are more crossings.

I guess it's Bush's fault that Obama stood inactive on this issue for so long, including not securing our border.
    My point is that this isn't a black and white issue. When I read the board the past few days, I'm under the impression that people think that liberal equals open border person and illegal immigrant person equals gang member. That just isn't the case. Oh, and Bush didn't seal the border either.

Part of the proposed immigration reform was to seal the border.

on edit: I still want to point out that Obama is the one trying to make these deportations faster. That means amending the current law. BTW, I'm not criticizing the old law. I think it's a good idea to find out who and what we're deporting before we deport them. I'm just saying this stuff is not as black and white as people seem to think it is, not by a long shot.

We seem to have two sides here. One of them wants us to believe that most or all of these immigrants are gang members/diseased/dangerous and the other side seems to think somebody is an evil ass for wanting to control the border. I just won't subscribe to either form of thinking. Not without more damning evidence that is.
    Last edited by Lanie; 07-20-2014 at 05:54 PM.

No doubt Bush2 did an all but criminal job on Border control- flooding America with the most backward moslems imaginable from hellholes such as Somalia and the family in general is Open Borders thru and thru, but...........he has been gone for 6 years and won't be back nor will his Florida brother ever get a chance to screw up America further at the Fed level. Time to move on- its all on barry's watch now.

Quote Originally Posted by american patriot View Post
    No doubt Bush2 did an all but criminal job on Border control- flooding America with the most backward moslems imaginable from hellholes such as Somalia and the family in general is Open Borders thru and thru, but...........he has been gone for 6 years and won't be back nor will his Florida brother ever get a chance to screw up America further at the Fed level. Time to move on- its all on barry's watch now.
    Thing is we're dealing with a law that is still on the books. Obama is trying to reform that law, but it's not as easy as snapping his fingers.

I do hope that even with these reforms, they'll make sure these kids aren't victims of human trafficking or going back to their deaths before sending them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I just want to clear this up. It's not just Obama's doing. It's also Bush's.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rder/11915723/

Look at the bold. That's right. Obama just got elected that year. Let's take a closer look at that act.

http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/081...washington.htm

George W. Bush signed this because he wanted to prevent human trafficking. Bush was nobody's fool. He knew the difference between a terrorist and an ordinary Muslm. He also understood there was a difference between a gang member and and somebody being trafficked.

Now, look at a comment from the first article.

That's right. Bush wanted to make extra sure these kids were not victims of trafficking and Obama wants to reverse what he did (or amend it), so they can more quickly be deported back home.

Now that I've presented the facts on this whole relocation thing, we now return to our regularly scheduled liberal bashing already in progress.
    its Obama's fault. get used to it
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

border closed problem solved
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Thing is we're dealing with a law that is still on the books. Obama is trying to reform that law, but it's not as easy as snapping his fingers.

I do hope that even with these reforms, they'll make sure these kids aren't victims of human trafficking or going back to their deaths before sending them back.
    There is no need to 'reform the law'. Barry simply needs to enforce the Law as opposed to his current open conspiracy with the Mex government to flood America with these 'kids' aka mostly young males around age 17. Load them up and ship them back in boxcars. America owes them nothing.

The fact that our southern border is porous is an on-going problem, and has been, probably since the Nation was formed.
    Bush's fault? <yawn>
    Lanie's fact are compelling, though moot.

Who deported whom, and numbers deported are irrelevent.
    The problem is the overwhelming flood pouring across the border NOW!
    Give the Border Patrol deportation decision authority?
    Really? Is anyone in DC paying attention???
    Our BP agents are overwhelmed! They are changing diapers and babysitting. They are dealing with sick and contagious people. They are making arrangements to shelter these illegals pending court hearings.

If anyone in DC wants to impress ME, personally, then they would SEAL THAT BORDER!
    Then we can sit down and discuss our next steps.

Rant over.

BB
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade