Thread: No Mitt Vp!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 No Mitt Vp! 
    Beaten Last Dead Horse
    There currently exists a web site dedicated to discouraging John McCain from selecting Massachusetts Liberal Mitt Romney as his Vice Presidential running mate. I happen to agree with the site's premise, as Mitt Romey was staunchly pro-abortion and wanted to do more for gay rights than Teddy Kennedy when he was governor of Massachusetts. Romney decided to flip-flop on those and other social issues once his last election campaign for governor was over, and he decided to run for president.

I am perfectly willing to hold my nose and vote for McCain this November, provided that McCain picks a real conservative as his running mate. But if Mitt Romney, or some other liberal, becomes McCain's VP running mate, the stench will be so great that McCain will lose my vote.

The web site is called, "NOMITTVP.COM". Here's the link:

http://nomittvp.com

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Here's a direct link to the NO MITT newspaper ad. This says it better than I could ever say it! (Requires Adobe PDF Reader):

http://www.govnotgod.org/pdfs/NoMittPrescottAZ.pdf

Goldwater
    Romney VP would be hell, if you hadn't heard "third Bush term" enough already...

For once, I agree with you.

You sure seem to be a miserable guy. Is there anyone but wacky ron that suits you?

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

You sure seem to be a miserable guy. Is there anyone but wacky ron that suits you?
    Not in this day and age. :(

I'm just a mega pessimist, LL.

Who would be a real conservative that would be acceptable?

Fred Thompson?

(If it keeps the guy off Law and Order, I'm all for him being Veep. :) )

Banned
    Newt is my choice as he has done more for the Repub. party while in Congress than any other politician.

Banned
    Newt is my choice as he has done more for the Repub. party while in Congress than any other politician. McCain will probably pick Mitt cause he needs someone younger and clean too:D.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

I NEVER supported Ron Paul! I originally supported Duncan Hunter, followed by Fred Thompson, and eventually, Mike Huckabee. But a McCain/Romney, or a McCain/Rice, or a McCain/Powell, or a McCain/Giuliani, or ANY other McCain/LIBERAL ticket, I will NEVER support!

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Who would be a real conservative that would be acceptable?

Fred Thompson?

(If it keeps the guy off Law and Order, I'm all for him being Veep. :) )
    Fred Thompson would be an awesome VP pick. Problem is, the liberal media would portray that ticket as the 'grumpy old men' ticket, unfortunately. If a McCain-Thompson ticket could REALLY work, then I would be all for it.