Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Darn. My bad. I want to move there.
    Come on down. The last gun crime I read about a thug broke into a man's house. The man broke out a shotgun, the thug tried to take it from him, and the man kicked the living shit out of the kid. The man was in his 70's! The man identified the thug as one of his neighbors. That was two years ago and sends a strong message to the punks.

Once in a while there is a stabbing, some drug dealers travel through here on the way to Vegas from CA and there are meth labs in the desert. There are several tweekers but from what I hear that is about anywhere any more. I love watching them do the tweeker dance, I just mess with them even more.

Our crime blotter is pretty short. Everything is legal other then DUI, drugs, and the usually crimes. But we don't have any armed robberies. The last time a guy robbed Wells Fargo he snatched a lady's purse as she came out the door and he was on a bicycle. The local news station was close by. It was like the OJ Simpson chase, but the guy was on a bike........idiot. All caught on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    That's not necessarily true. Liberals in my state felt the same way and then Obama won it in 2008.

I think with all the economical problems that CA has, more people might give Republicans a chance in the future.
    RIIIIIGHT. Hell will freeze over before that happens. We have too many people in this state who put themselves and party above the welfare of the country to make this happen.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    True - but ganging everyone 'against gun violence' in with them is just totally wrong.
    That is just how it's done in my neck of the woods. Any candidate that has a gun violence platform has reforms behind that........every area is different. I live in the wild west.

Read the threads on DU that include the words "gun violence" each one advocates gun control.

I did my research and I am confident in my decision when I cast my ballot. That is all I can do. When I seen the opponent was against gun violence guess what I found........it's a good thing to look for when researching a candidate.

Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    A (D) for Deputy County Clerk, the R is a rude stuck up *******. I never had so much trouble registering to vote in my life and missed a primary due to her lack of communication and her not returning my calls. She made up and changed the rules as she went a long. This new candidate worked under her triple tasking between two offices miles away for twenty years. The canidate is a great person.
    Upon more research the D is off my list. She won't get my vote. She had an employee under her stealing money. They only made deposits as needed, The amount of theft became greater and the deposit was short 2k. The lady running was the thief's boss and wrote a personal check to cover up the missing funds as a loan........NOT GOOD.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 07-28-2014 at 06:04 AM.