Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Lee County Sherff Scott ethics inquiry to take weeks 
    Will settle whether Sheriff Scott violated federal act

By Rachel Myers
    rmyers@news-press.com

Federal and state investigations into allegations that Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott acted illegally or unethically by speaking at a political rally while on duty and in uniform could take weeks - or possibly months - to complete.

Scott has denied any wrongdoing after he referred to the Democratic presidential candidate by his full name, Barack Hussein Obama, at a rally for Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin on Monday.

Critics say that by doing so, Scott implied Obama is a Muslim. Obama, who is named for his Kenyan father, is a Christian.

Representatives with the U.S. Office of Special Counsel and the Florida Commission on Ethics say it is too soon to determine whether Scott has broken federal laws or state ethics policies.

At the county level, statutes govern employees' political actions while in uniform. The sheriff is an elected official, not an employee. His office's budget is approved by county commissioners, but his salary is paid by the governor's office.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20...810090380/1075
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

I don't have a problem with hm callnig the prophet by his earthly name.

I DO have a problem with him speaking at a campaign rally in uniform. I don't care which candidate it's for.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

How about investigations into all those times politicians appear with cops, firemen, et al lined up behind them in uniform? Wanna bet whether they're all on duty? They're usually selected by their Chief or Sheriff and told to appear - in full uniform. So, what's wrong with a Sheriff, the Chief Law Enforcement officer of a County appearing in uniform?

Henceforth, every post I make anywhere on any forum, every email I send, every time I mention the savior by name, I'm going to include his full name. Barack HUSSEIN Obama.

And, on those sites where it's possible, it will appear as Barack HUSSEIN Obama, with HUSSEIN in bold.

It's occurred to me - I'm a bit slow sometimes - that when was the last time we've heard Barack HUSSEIN Obama mention his full name.......anywhere? The middle name seemed to cease to exist when he began running for POTUS.
    Last edited by Chuck58; 10-09-2008 at 01:23 PM.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    It's occurred to me - I'm a bit slow sometimes - that when was the last time we've heard Barack HUSSEIN Obama mention his full name.......anywhere? The middle name seemed to cease to exist when he began running for POTUS.
    Did he use it before running for POTUS? Most people don't. I mean, when's the last time Sidney mentioned his middle name?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Did he use it before running for POTUS?
    Who cares? But he certainly seems to have a problem with anyone using it now.
    Funny that...and tough shit too.

:p
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I don't have a problem with hm callnig the prophet by his earthly name.

I DO have a problem with him speaking at a campaign rally in uniform. I don't care which candidate it's for.
    At my former home in a municipality in StL County, the members of the police department and fire department went door to door, campaigning for a specific candidate. I had a problem with that, big time. If you didn't agree with their choice, would they let your house burn to the ground or let a 911 call go unheeded?

There seems to be a lot of outrage over this particular person----probably because he's for McCain.

Where's the outrage over the Acorn folks blatant stealing of the election? Oh, wait, they support the Annointed One.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    So, what's wrong with a Sheriff, the Chief Law Enforcement officer of a County appearing in uniform?.
    Elected. Against the law? Hello?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Elected. Against the law? Hello?
    Yes. That is the issue.

But using Barry's middle name? Hell, he used it himself. That's already out there.

Nonsense. You see Sheriffs campaiging for election in uniform. You'll see the IACP endorse a candidate with a Chief in full regalia shaking the candidates hand and a whole raft of politically appointed Chiefs standing in the background, all in full uniform - maybe for the first time since being appointed to the job.

I tend to think he stressed the name HUSSEIN in his speech and that lit off somebody.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Hatch Act for State and Local Employees

* Permitted Activities
    * Prohibited Activities
    * Penalties for Violating the Hatch Act
    * Advisories for State and Local Employees

http://www.osc.gov/hatchact.htm