Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The reason for these droughts is because that thanks to overregulation it's becoming impossible to irrigate or create reservoirs because some stupid snail might be wiped out.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The reason for these droughts is because that thanks to overregulation it's becoming impossible to irrigate or create reservoirs because some stupid snail might be wiped out.
    Very true.

Don't forget the mesquite trees that grow like weeds without water, we can't harm them either. We just have to stop looking for water, even though I live on top of one of the largest water basins in Nevada.

They even proposed to put meters on private wells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To make sure you did not use more then your allowed water rights. I think the plan was to reduce the water rights per parcel.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Oh yeah? Who says???

Wrong again DUmmies, we refuse to accept your reality. Of course climate change is real, no one
    disputes that. What we have a problem with is blaming it on the human race and more pointedly...the Right.
    Where is your outrage for China and India??? Hmmmm??? It's only the ebil USA, as usual.

Oh, and just a heads up, calling people "ignorant" just because they don't agree with you
    isn't going to bring you more converts. I know both sides do it but you "enlightened" ones on the Left
    seem to do it more often in my experience.

And we know you love to point to NOAA and other groups but you also ignore the facts that many
    if not all their dire predictions somehow depend on data that is shown to be faulty. But you all just
    ignore that and scream BIG OIL, BIG COAL, BIG WHATEVER.

I always loved the "Data" that pointed to areas of the US getting hotter. Except for the tiny
    fact that the measuring devices were now close or in big cities that act like heat magnets
    and that others in more rural areas were broken and "accidently" not repaired...
    Very well said.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    This thread isn't getting the usual number of hits, no doubt
    due to all the Israeli hating posts. But this one is classic...

Response to
    Sun Jul 27, 2014, 11:24 AM
    randys1

13. Teaparty not only doesnt believe, but they are furious the govt would spend one dime

working on climate change.

They are bound and determined to destroy all life on the planet because they are too stupid to admit they are wrong.

They dont have the power to do that, but they would if they could.

Between what we wont do, what China and other countries wont do, to curb climate change, the damage is inevitable and I wish i could be here to watch deniers suffer.

I would absofuckinglutely love that

I'm out to destroy all life on earth!!! But then again, I'm a Sith Lord! What's your excuse???

At least this fool mentions China and India.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    This thread isn't getting the usual number of hits, no doubt
    due to all the Israeli hating posts. But this one is classic...

I'm out to destroy all life on earth!!! But then again, I'm a Sith Lord! What's your excuse???

At least this fool mentions China and India.

China can continue to make aftermarket auto body parts that insurance companies demand that contain lead primer that must be sanded, but that is ok!

Factories in China can allow their children employees dump battery acid and other corrosives into rivers, but that is fine.

We are the evil ones!

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    Preface: I'm neither a denier nor a believer as I think it's incredibly arrogant to think that science can model something as complex as "global climate." The IPCC has proven me correct time and time again as there is one thing consistent about their predictions - they're always wrong. I refer to my position as being open-minded.
    Concur with that part of your post that I didn't quote, BTW. Globa Warming//Global Climate Change is about getting government funding in the near-term, and getting power over people in the medium- and long-term.

1.) We do not have the centuries and even millennia of precise direct data to know what Earth's climate is, with all its cycles and long-term trends. If you don't know what normal is, you can't meaningfully call anything observed "Change".

2.) We do not know or understand all the phenomena that drive Earth's climate. Thus we do not have the factors necessary to build computer models that are much better than reading chickens' entrails (and to be blunt, the chickens' entrails model is far more useful since, if done right, it supplies dinner!)!
    SVPete

Envy is Greed's bigger, more evil, twin.

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.

While looking for the facts, remember only one side of this debate has been caught cooking the books.

I'm not a scientist. I tend to think that there was/is a global warming trend since the 1970s, just from my own lifetime observations. But those observations are limited to 49 years, actually about 40 that I can remember to any major degree.

I also remember that some major environmental protection programs were put into place in the 1970s and 80s, and it may have taken time to observe and measure the positive effects. My personal reference is the water levels in the Great Lakes, which went through a big decline from the early 90s until the last year or so. We had a major snow winter this year, so the levels were up in the spring significantly.

This summer has been pretty cool in Michigan. Our predicted high today is 71. We've had a few days here and there in the 90s, but not many. This is what Michigan summers were like when I was a kid in the 70s.

Remember the big "OOOOPS"? That was when the 2 leading scientist that started this crap conveniently lost all their data. The "ORIGNAL" big computer crash that started all the other important computer crashes.....eh Lois Lerner?

If there hadn't been so many disproved claims and changes to computer programs to fit the desired answers, I might believe. ....but then 50 years ago they had me believing I would be snow skiing year round in S.C. by now.

For the climate change believers, I have future ocean front property at a steal right now. Buy now before the ocean gets here and save big.

Coolest Summer On Record In The US

The frequency of 90 degree days in the US has been plummeting for 80 years, and 2014 has had the lowest frequency of 90 degree days through July 23 on record. The only other year which came close was 1992, and that was due to dust in the atmosphere from Mt Pinatubo.
    http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2...ord-in-the-us/
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.