Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Concur with that part of your post that I didn't quote, BTW. Globa Warming//Global Climate Change is about getting government funding in the near-term, and getting power over people in the medium- and long-term.

1.) We do not have the centuries and even millennia of precise direct data to know what Earth's climate is, with all its cycles and long-term trends. If you don't know what normal is, you can't meaningfully call anything observed "Change".

2.) We do not know or understand all the phenomena that drive Earth's climate. Thus we do not have the factors necessary to build computer models that are much better than reading chickens' entrails (and to be blunt, the chickens' entrails model is far more useful since, if done right, it supplies dinner!)!
    Couldn't agree more, good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    The weather here in Seattle this summer has been noticeably warmer. Probably because we have so many Dumbocrats releasing hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    The weather here in Seattle this summer has been noticeably warmer. Probably because we have so many Dumbocrats releasing hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJeb View Post
    Remember the big "OOOOPS"? That was when the 2 leading scientist that started this crap conveniently lost all their data. The "ORIGNAL" big computer crash that started all the other important computer crashes.....eh Lois Lerner?

If there hadn't been so many disproved claims and changes to computer programs to fit the desired answers, I might believe. ....but then 50 years ago they had me believing I would be snow skiing year round in S.C. by now.

For the climate change believers, I have future ocean front property at a steal right now. Buy now before the ocean gets here and save big.
    Is the future ocean front property in Iowa? It sounds like a great deal.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    And then we have AlGore. Until Lord oBAMA showed up, the smartest man alive!!!

Mr. Climate although he has no creds to merit that supposed title.

So Mr. Roboto jets all over the world telling the faithful how ebil man is and spreading
    his BS. Now he only gives speeches, notice he has never debated anyone
    from the other "side". Of course, he's too smart and can't waste his time.

Never mind he'd get his ass handed to him in a real, fair debate. Has AlGore
    ever challenged the other "side" to a debate?? I don't recall him ever doing so. He just
    spouts stuff like "we all know" and "it can't be denied".

The truth is, probably, he can't take a chance getting into a real debate since
    there is an excellent chance he'd be made a fool of and set the "movement"
    back 100 years.

But as usual, the "Enlightened" Left knows better.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    Whenever I check the weather in my area, it's always 10 degrees higher than what my outdoor thermometer says. I even replace the thermometer and it didn't change.
    I've been noticing the same thing with MSN Weather. I have the gadget on my desktop, which is neat. Fine and well. When I go to the daily and weekly forecast, it has habitually been calling for 5-10 degrees warmer than it has been. Hey, no forecast is 100% accurate, but every day? They have been adjusting it downward, at times, and it still comes in under their forecast highs. I cannot discount a subtle form of propaganda going on. People keep seeing a higher forecasted high and believe that that was the high temperature because they won't go back to check specific days.

On Faux Nooz recently, they had a weather quiz, and one of the questions was about large cities like NYC with all the tall buildings and asphalt. The city structures can raise the night time temps as much as 20 degrees.

Oh, that's just religious rightwing nonsense.

I always loved the "Data" that pointed to areas of the US getting hotter. Except for the tiny
    fact that the measuring devices were now close or in big cities that act like heat magnets
    and that others in more rural areas were broken and "accidently" not repaired...
    Funny how those "broken" and "abandoned" rural temp sensors have guesstimated temps next to them on the "offical" temp data charts and are always higher than the surrounding temp readings.
    Life is hard (D)Ummies. It's even harder when you're stupid.
    -paraphasing John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    And then we have AlGore. Until Lord oBAMA showed up, the smartest man alive!!!

Mr. Climate although he has no creds to merit that supposed title.

So Mr. Roboto jets all over the world telling the faithful how ebil man is and spreading
    his BS. Now he only gives speeches, notice he has never debated anyone
    from the other "side". Of course, he's too smart and can't waste his time.

Never mind he'd get his ass handed to him in a real, fair debate. Has AlGore
    ever challenged the other "side" to a debate?? I don't recall him ever doing so. He just
    spouts stuff like "we all know" and "it can't be denied".

The truth is, probably, he can't take a chance getting into a real debate since
    there is an excellent chance he'd be made a fool of and set the "movement"
    back 100 years.

But as usual, the "Enlightened" Left knows better.
    There was an excellent, fully attributed article at the American Thinker that completely debunked the "97% of the scientists" nonsense. In actuality, it was complete conjecture that those responding and counted in the 97% actually believed in it. IOW, a response was automatic agreement.

Typical leftist bull.

Furthermore, the actual "study" showing the 97% bullcrap has been hidden away from public scrutiny. Surprise...surprise....

If your facts are scientifically inarguable, any honest broker of the public trust would welcome debate wholeheartedly.
    Last edited by 98ZJUSMC; 07-30-2014 at 01:01 AM.
    -paraphasing John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Concur with that part of your post that I didn't quote, BTW. Globa Warming//Global Climate Change is about getting government funding in the near-term, and getting power over people in the medium- and long-term.
    It's never been about anything else. Total control over production and consumption.

If that happened, you would begin to see stories about the magical effects of government control and Gaia saved!!!11!!eLeBiNty!!!11

Kinda like the current bogus economic data.
    Last edited by 98ZJUSMC; 07-30-2014 at 01:06 AM.
    -paraphasing John Wayne

My favorite line is, "the science is settled". Then it isn't science. It's ideology because any scientist worth his salt knows that science is always changing.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

We've had two consecutive days of below-80s temperatures (with one day, Monday, of some pretty good thunderstorms) this week, and two more on the way (with more thunderstorms forecast tomorrow). Temps are about 10 degrees below where they are for an average. It's actually some very pleasant sleeping weather. Friday's supposed to make it into the low 80s . . . then the weekend is supposed to be back into the high 70s. I do believe that this was forecast, due to the Great Lakes staying icy until after Memorial Day (and keeping the air above them from warming up).

I love it.