Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I've lived coastal So. Calif. my whole life and in the same area. I haven't noticed much difference.

One summer it's clear and warm, the next is overcast and cool. We never get much rain, unless it's an el nino event, then hwy one turns into one giant mud slide.

We also get very little seasonal change like in other parts of the country.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStateSaint View Post
    We've had two consecutive days of below-80s temperatures (with one day, Monday, of some pretty good thunderstorms) this week, and two more on the way (with more thunderstorms forecast tomorrow). Temps are about 10 degrees below where they are for an average. It's actually some very pleasant sleeping weather. Friday's supposed to make it into the low 80s . . . then the weekend is supposed to be back into the high 70s. I do believe that this was forecast, due to the Great Lakes staying icy until after Memorial Day (and keeping the air above them from warming up).

I love it.
    Me, too. This is usually the 92-98 degree 90+ humidity time of year (IOW, NORMAL you lurking Proglydytes). We hit 90 twice in the last three months and have had three weeks of nothing but highs in the 70's occasional 81-85, with mid 50's - 60's at night. I've never seen that here in July/August except that we has a similar summer to this four years ago. Never turned on the A/C until mid-July that year and has been off for most of the summer this year.
    Life is hard (D)Ummies. It's even harder when you're stupid.
    -paraphasing John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by 98ZJUSMC View Post
    Me, too. This is usually the 92-98 degree 90+ humidity time of year (IOW, NORMAL you lurking Proglydytes). We hit 90 twice in the last three months and have had three weeks of nothing but highs in the 70's occasional 81-85, with mid 50's - 60's at night. I've never seen that here in July/August except that we has a similar summer to this four years ago. Never turned on the A/C until mid-July that year and has been off for most of the summer this year.
    Drudge has a story that illustrates that the Great Lakes are 20 degrees colder than their average at this time of year. When air goes over them, it has to try to maintain an equilibrium, so if it's warmer (hey, these lakes are 41 to 43 degrees Farenheit!), heat energy goes out of the air and into the water. The air keeps moving east, and over the Northeast, and it doesn't have the heat energy it did before.

That's not saying that we're not going to have some pretty bad thunderstorms occasionally--that stuff just happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStateSaint View Post
    Drudge has a story that illustrates that the Great Lakes are 20 degrees colder than their average at this time of year. When air goes over them, it has to try to maintain an equilibrium, so if it's warmer (hey, these lakes are 41 to 43 degrees Farenheit!), heat energy goes out of the air and into the water. The air keeps moving east, and over the Northeast, and it doesn't have the heat energy it did before.

That's not saying that we're not going to have some pretty bad thunderstorms occasionally--that stuff just happens.

That explains a lot about this summer's weather in Michigan. I hope it's warm enough in southern Lake Michigan by Labor Day for swimming!

We've only had a very few hot, humid, intolerable 90+ degree days here in S.C. this summer. The rest have been quite comfortable. If this be global warming, climate change, climate disruption, whatever they call it next....give me more.

Re: the Great Lakes and climate - know that the lake floors are still rebounding from the weight of the ice sheets of 10,000 yrs ago.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.