Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cowbell View Post
    OK G... misogyny a la Merriam-Webster

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/misogyny

"a hatred of women."

Women can be of any race. Misogyny has nothing to do with race. Beware, grandiloquence often reveals your own ignorance.
    did you bother to even read the last post?????
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Yes, I read the post. And I noticed that "misogyny" and "racism" were used interchangeably, when the two words have nothing to do with one another. That's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by cowbell View Post
    Yes, I read the post. And I noticed that "misogyny" and "racism" were used interchangeably, when the two words have nothing to do with one another. That's all I'm saying.
    you didn't read the post. Because if you did - you would know that this^^^ is not what was said.

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh.............

Heh, I get it now. Obama's black so that's the only reason people might possibly not like him, right? In the same vein, Palin's a woman so that's the only reason a person might not support her. Sorry, my head's been in the policies, I forgot about the racial/gender controversy stuff.

My dear Atonal friend, you are mistaken in your overzealous dismissal of my off the cuff theory. I was comparing the ridiculous assertion that anyone who does not support O'Christma is a racist,( Having had this idea beaten into our heads for the past year, it's truth must be patently obvious to anyone....except of course...a racist.) with the equally ridiculous assertion that anyone who does not support Governor Palin, and that other guy, is a misogynist. It's the standard what's good for the goose is good for the gander scenario.

Also, I'm flattered than you think my paltry efforts attain the level of grandiloquence. I can assure you however, that I have kept the number of polysyllabic morphemes to a minimum, and that I am notoriously wishy washy when it comes to the consistent use of the oxford comma.

The point is, these apish misogynists, (and according to you, ageist thugs to boot) need to be spending this election cycle behind bars.

Unless, of course, they really hate yard signs, in which case, they simply need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Yes, the evil college students will assimilate you all.
    Well Lids I guess you think its okay to burn things down that disagree with you and your narrow world view?

Next time it might be someone's house they torch, is that okay with you too?
    Maybe a car with a bumper sticker?

How about a person wearing a tee shirt?
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Well Lids I guess you think its okay to burn things down that disagree with you and your narrow world view?

Next time it might be someone's house they torch, is that okay with you too?
    Maybe a car with a bumper sticker?

How about a person wearing a tee shirt?
    I despise this sort of thing. Some guy in Centennial had a McCain sign in his yard. He woke to find the sign destroyed and a couple of gallons of pink paint splashed over his garage door and driveway.

The result here is way beyond a prank. The clean-up costs were substantial. Even worse, though, is that this guy will probably never put up a yard sign again and he may have a permanently suspicious view of all Democrats for the rest of his life. I don't mean a legitimate sense of disagreement, I mean a reflexive dislike.

I don't see how that will benefit the political process for either side. :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I despise this sort of thing. Some guy in Centennial had a McCain sign in his yard. He woke to find the sign destroyed and a couple of gallons of pink paint splashed over his garage door and driveway.

The result here is way beyond a prank. The clean-up costs were substantial. Even worse, though, is that this guy will probably never put up a yard sign again and he may have a permanently suspicious view of all Democrats for the rest of his life. I don't mean a legitimate sense of disagreement, I mean a reflexive dislike.

I don't see how that will benefit the political process for either side. :mad:

That is pretty hard to avoid these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    That is pretty hard to avoid these days.
    You're right but things like this make it much, much worse.