Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Dear Brigade Commander Col. Kevin Glasz, PISS OFF.
    May the FORCE be with you!

If they are offended by people eating during daylight hours, they can stay out of the dining halls!
    I, personally, would be more worried about coming between a soldier and his morning cup o' Joe!
    Social Order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain - Marquis de Sade

Quote Originally Posted by MstrBlue View Post
    If they are offended by people eating during daylight hours, they can stay out of the dining halls!
    I, personally, would be more worried about coming between a soldier and his morning cup o' Joe!

It's only during Ramadan that Muslims fast during the day, and they give the same people exceptions that the Catholic Church gives from their fasting days-children, elderly, those with medical conditions that would be impacted (diabetics, for example), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MstrBlue View Post
    I would assume they are staying out of the dining halls. I'm thinking this is when a soldier just suddenly wants a Snickers bar or a BBQ sandwich from the Carolinas (cheap plug).

I'll keep in mind not to piss off soldiers before they have their coffee.

I find it very irritating to see the levels our government goes to ensure that we respect and don't offend the citizens of foreign lands we are in, yet they are forcing tens of thousands of illegal foreigners who have zero respect for our laws, language, and culture onto us and don't give a damn how many U.S. citizens are offended by these illegals who are shitting all over this Country.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    I find it very irritating to see the levels our government goes to ensure that we respect and don't offend the citizens of foreign lands we are in, yet they are forcing tens of thousands of illegal foreigners who have zero respect for our laws, language, and culture onto us and don't give a damn how many U.S. citizens are offended by these illegals who are shitting all over this Country.
    This is what the email said.

“I’d like to encourage you to learn just a little more about this religion, but more importantly, I’m asking you to be considerate and do not consume food or drink in front of our Muslim colleagues; it is a simple, yet respectful action.”
    What are Muslim colleagues? I'm assuming they're actual members of the military (not necessarily from foreign lands), but maybe not. It's still a silly request.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    This is what the email said.

What are Muslim colleagues? I'm assuming they're actual members of the military (not necessarily from foreign lands), but maybe not. It's still a silly request.

American Muslims enlist in the military. There are plenty of Muslims who were born here, and love their country enough to serve in that manner.

Does the military serve fish on Lenten Fridays out of consideration for their Catholic members? It's the same basic principle.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    American Muslims enlist in the military.
    yes they do

The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    yes they do

I really don't think one should get to speak for all of them. To say that most or all of the Muslims in the military are terrorists is not only stereotyping, but it's sort of troop bashing IMO. They serve their country. I think they deserve better than to be considered liket his one man.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Does the military serve fish on Lenten Fridays out of consideration for their Catholic members? It's the same basic principle.
    No, it's not.

If the military told every non-Catholic member that they should only eat fish on Fridays during Lent, then it would be the same.
    Be Not Afraid.