Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJeb View Post
    Sorry folks but I don't pray in public before I eat.

....and if I did happen to do it in this greasy spoon, I'd still pay full price. If they mentioned a discount, I'd just tell them to give it to a local charity.
    I pray that the hot waitress will ask for my phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how some people are bothered by things that wouldn't bother most normal people. It seems to be a symptom of some inane mental disorder.
    Even Bill Maher, an avowed atheist, said this about the atheists objecting to the cross in the park in CA-"We're atheists, not vampires.". He went on to say that if atheists have such a problem with crosses, they picked the wrong country to live in.

This poster better not ever find out that some of the 7-11s in the Detroit suburbs give a free small coffee, soft drink or slurpee to anyone who brings a church bulletin in on Sunday- even though she could go worship Gaia at a UU church and still get the same free item if she shows them the bulletin.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

This poster better not ever find out that some of the 7-11s in the Detroit suburbs give a free small coffee, soft drink or slurpee to anyone who brings a church bulletin in on Sunday- even though she could go worship Gaia at a UU church and still get the same free item if she shows them the bulletin.
    That is great!

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Not to Lanie, she cherry picks a verse of scripture to try and topical preach.
    I don't see how what I said was any different than what Flagator said. I think some people just have it in their head that I meaning something when I'm not no matter how many times I say it. I think you all see liberal and don't bother to read my words at times. Let me say it again.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH PRAYER IN PUBLIC. IT'S WONDERFUL.

I ONLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PRAYER TO GET A DISCOUNT, ATTENTION, OR SOME OTHER EARTHLY REWARD.

Does everybody got it now? Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I don't see how what I said was any different than what Flagator said. I think some people just have it in their head that I meaning something when I'm not no matter how many times I say it. I think you all see liberal and don't bother to read my words at times. Let me say it again.

I ONLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PRAYER TO GET A DISCOUNT, ATTENTION, OR SOME OTHER EARTHLY REWARD.

There are cherry-pickers and then there are cherry-pickers. Some just don't do their homework. I got it anyway L. Carry on.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Only God can judge the prayers, not us. In fact, even if people are praying in public to get a discount, it might get people in the habit of praying before meals, children pick up on that and might start reminding the parents no matter where they are having dinner. God smiles. "Mommy we need to pray first."

Only God can judge the prayers, not us. In fact, even if people are praying in public to get a discount, it might get people in the habit of praying before meals, children pick up on that and might start reminding the parents no matter where they are having dinner. God smiles. "Mommy we need to pray first."
    Okay, I understand that only God understands intentions and I don't believe that everybody who prays at this restaurant is doing it for a discount.

If something starts out as wanting a reward and turns more sincere later, then that's great. Children are always great. They'll get their parents to pray, go to church when they usually don't want to, and even get their aunt to eat disgusting vegetables (last one was mine. lol).

and even get their aunt to eat disgusting vegetables (last one was mine. lol).

What did you eat?

What did you eat?
    I can't remember. I just remember her asking me why I didn't have any. I was like "Oh." I looked to her mother and asked if she had anymore. lol.

to duck, because I feel like I'm about to have a spear thrown at me. I find overt religiosity abjectly terrifying.
    \\

Satan has the same reaction