Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post

Satan has the same reaction
    He does indeed!

If it makes any difference, my one friend and I say a spoken, but very quiet prayer at restaurant tables before eating when we go out to lunch. It does not seem to bother anyone as far as we know, at least.

I was brought up (in the Anglican Faith) to say "Grace" before eating at every meal. A very simple "For what we are about to receive, may the Lord make us truly thankful, Amen."

Have never prayed in restaurants before meeting this particular friend, but it does not bother me in the least to do so with her. All we do is bow our heads and quietly thank God for our friendship and our food.

We laugh out loud, at times even shed tears ...

And always, always, trash Obama!

But, no one has as yet, offered us a discount!!! What are we doing wrong?
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post

But, no one has as yet, offered us a discount!!! What are we doing wrong?
    Just keep trying different restaurants.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I think if I were to get a discount for praying over my meal that I would add use the money plus little more to give to a food shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJeb View Post
    I'd still pay full price. If they mentioned a discount, I'd just tell them to give it to a local charity.

Power CUer
    A propos:

An Open Letter to Elton John: No, Jesus wouldn’t support gay ‘marriage’
    http://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/an...t-gay-marriage

...As a Catholic myself, I have to take issue with a few of the things you said in your Sky News interview – namely, that Jesus Christ would support gay “marriage,” that the traditions of the Catholic Church are “old and stupid,” and that Pope Francis has “stripped [the Church] down to the bare bones” – a development you find “wonderful.” But before I jump into all that, let me back up about eight years to 2006.

Back then, in an interview with the Observer’s “Music Monthly,” you said, “From my point of view, I would ban religion completely. Organized religion doesn't seem to work. It turns people into really hateful lemmings and it's not really compassionate.”...

....Let’s start with this statement: “If Jesus Christ was alive today, I cannot see him, as the Christian person that he was and the great person that he was, saying [gay marriage] could not happen. He was all about love and compassion and forgiveness and trying to bring people together and that is what the church should be about.”

Okay, first of all, let’s get our facts straight, here: Jesus Christ was not a Christian. Christians are his followers; Jesus Christ himself was a Jew. As such, he followed the Torah, which does proscribe homosexual relations. I’m sure you’re already aware of that, but just in case, I’ll throw a couple of citations at you:

Leviticus 18:22: “Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin.”

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense."

Pretty stark, eh? Now, before you freak out, I am absolutely not saying I think practicing homosexuality should get you or anyone else the death penalty. I don’t even believe in the death penalty. What I am saying is that it’s pretty disingenuous to imply that Jesus Christ, a.k.a. the most obedient Jew who ever lived, would have given the A-OK to something his religion’s most sacred teachings strictly forbade, with horrifying consequences. I think it’s even more disingenuous to say, as you did to Parade in 2011, that Jesus Christ himself “was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man.”

...Remember, this was a man who lived his entire public life advocating for the rights of the unfairly oppressed. If he felt homosexuals were among them, I’d like to think he would have said something. But he didn’t. In a world as hostile to homosexuality as Jesus’ was, his apparent silence on the matter actually speaks volumes....