1. #1 Up To 67% Of People Would Rather Receive An Electric Shock Than Meditate 
    When given the opportunity to simply sit by themselves and daydream, participants in 11 studies ranging in age from 18 to 77 generally did not enjoy their quiet time. In fact, they found it so unpleasant that 67% of the men and 25% of the women opted to self-administer an electric shock in order to cut their 15 minutes of alone time short.

Enjoyment wasn’t the only issue. Study author David Reinhard, a doctoral student at the University of Virginia, was surprised participants found the "thinking period" not only miserable, but difficult. "We tried different kinds of interventions: We tried giving a variety of topics to think about, suggestions for how they should try to control (or not control) their thoughts, as well as giving them an object to fiddle with," he explains.
    http://www.prevention.com/mind-body/...sant-enjoyable

It further gives a link for those who might be interested in meditation depending on personality types.

http://www.prevention.com/mind-body/...ur-personality

I didn't see if it said it was in a sound proofed room or not, but it really wouldn't bother me too much. I could just listen to the voices in my head for the 15 minutes.

Never did meditate per se but I've sat and daydreamed for significantly longer than 15 minutes. It's good for the soul.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by thundley4 View Post
    I didn't see if it said it was in a sound proofed room or not, but it really wouldn't bother me too much. I could just listen to the voices in my head for the 15 minutes.

They say ECT is an effective treatment for depression. It worked for Princess Leia.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    They say ECT is an effective treatment for depression. It worked for Princess Leia.
    Yeah, but it's usually a last resort after counseling and medicine don't work. To think that some prefer that over mediation amuses me.