Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Idiot Repub thinks you can walk 1,500 miles while suffering from Ebola. Dafuq? 
    link

Idiot DUer claims that illegal immigrant children walk 1500 miles to get here.

Then he/she seems to insinuate that any child who gets here who would have ebola (hypothetical) would have it before they left their home, and not from someone else who is also coming here. Our borders are open to the world, including Africa and those who may have traveled to Africa.

riqster (9,871 posts)
    Idiot Repub thinks you can walk 1,500 miles while suffering from Ebola. Dafuq?

What a complete and utter brainless jackass is Congressman Todd Rokita, R-Bedlam. He said on a radio program that some of the illegal immigrant kids that have been conned into coming here are possible carriers of Ebola: http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/g...11b491795.html

Here are the symptoms of Ebola, direct from the CDC. Tell me if you think somebody could make it overland from, say, Guatemala while suffering from this list of ailments:

Symptoms of Ebola HF typically include:
    •Fever
    •Headache
    •Joint and muscle aches
    •Weakness
    •Diarrhea
    •Vomiting
    •Stomach pain
    •Lack of appetite

Some patients may experience:
    •A Rash
    •Red Eyes
    •Hiccups
    •Cough
    •Sore throat
    •Chest pain
    •Difficulty breathing
    •Difficulty swallowing
    •Bleeding inside and outside of the body

Symptoms may appear anywhere from 2 to 21 days after exposure to ebolavirus though 8-10 days is most common.
    Yeah, seems kinda unlikely, doesn’t it? Pretty obvious to anyone, you’d say, and you’d almost be right. It’s obvious to anyone but a Teabagging Republican Congresscritter. Tell me, why dafuq does ANYONE for these half-wits?

No, make that quarter-wits. We’re supposed to believe that Ebola sufferers (and children, at that) are trekking across Central America, hundreds and hundreds of miles, over mountains and through deserts? Christ on a Lone Star bottle cap, what stupidity exists between the ears of GOP politicos.
    Considering no one else has told him/her that she is an idiot, it seems that there are lots of idiots at DU.

Fred Sanders (2,763 posts)

4. Republican teabaggers are confirmed carriers of stupidity, racism, hate and grifting.
    Initech (44,385 posts)

5. I could walk 1,500 miles and I could walk 1,500 more

Just to be the guy who walked 1,500 miles while bleeding out every orifice...

Yeah that song just doesn't have the same ring to it.

I saw a report on the news that said Ebola has a 21 day incubation period, where the person is infectious but has no symptoms. I have no idea how long it takes to walk from Guatamala to Brownsville, but if there is motorized transportation involved for at least part of the trip, it would be possible for Ebola to get here over the border that way.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I saw a report on the news that said Ebola has a 21 day incubation period, where the person is infectious but has no symptoms. I have no idea how long it takes to walk from Guatamala to Brownsville, but if there is motorized transportation involved for at least part of the trip, it would be possible for Ebola to get here over the border that way.
    They don't walk...they end up riding on top of a train and it takes about four days to get to the Texas border

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I was listening to the program mentioned "The Garrison Show", when Rokita made the comment... it was, of course, taken completely out of context.... He was making the point that these people are whipped through the system in 24 to 48 hours. That is NOT enough time to properly screen for medical conditions... He in no way inferred that the kids were carrying Ebola... but that TB and other conditions are found with these kids, and that they are being passed on to unsuspecting communities and schools....

On a side note, from Jan '14 to July '14... 71 persons from Ebola afflicted areas have been caught or surrendered to Border Patrol entering from the Mexican side.... is an outbreak possible? You bet your ass it is... since the government states it only apprehends about 25% of illegal crossers...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I was listening to the program mentioned "The Garrison Show", when Rokita made the comment... it was, of course, taken completely out of context.... He was making the point that these people are whipped through the system in 24 to 48 hours. That is NOT enough time to properly screen for medical conditions... He in no way inferred that the kids were carrying Ebola... but that TB and other conditions are found with these kids, and that they are being passed on to unsuspecting communities and schools....

On a side note, from Jan '14 to July '14... 71 persons from Ebola afflicted areas have been caught or surrendered to Border Patrol entering from the Mexican side.... is an outbreak possible? You bet your ass it is... since the government states it only apprehends about 25% of illegal crossers...
    You hav e a woot thread you whacky varmint.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

7. #7 Most Likely Mode of Entry 
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Likely the problem of Ebola will arrive through airports. Right now, ALL individuals entering the USA who have been in Africa in the past 60 days(including USA Citizens and all passengers on the same plane should be held and very carefully screened before being allowed to leave airport detention.

That said- yeah plenty of disease IS walking up from Mexico- just not Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by american patriot View Post
    Likely the problem of Ebola will arrive through airports. Right now, ALL individuals entering the USA who have been in Africa in the past 60 days(including USA Citizens and all passengers on the same plane should be held and very carefully screened before being allowed to leave airport detention.

That said- yeah plenty of disease IS walking up from Mexico- just not Ebola.
    I think you're way off base. Airports carry through LEGAL travelers..... smugglers want the $$$$$ and don't care about the consequences. Our border policy is what will open us up to outbreaks... I wonder how many kids will suffer because of it
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You hav e a woot thread you whacky varmint.
    Is I getting better?
    lol

I knew, when I heard it being said, that the statement was going to go out of control...
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    Idiot DUer claims that illegal immigrant children walk 1500 miles to get here.
    Exactly. Have these dopes ever walked around the block with a kid. They're either off in every direction or you end up carrying them the rest of the way.

They'd have to leave 3 years ago to walk 1,500 miles to reach our border. Either that or they're producing a bunch of Forrest Gump kids down there that "just feel like run-ing". Oy.
    Be Not Afraid.