Thread: Congressman's $121,000 Payoff to Alleged Mistress

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep. Tim Mahoney's wife files for divorce, seeks assets

PALM BEACH GARDENS — In divorce papers filed Monday, the wife of Congressman Tim Mahoney claims her husband “recently sold jointly owned real property,” moved the proceeds to an account in his name, and “dissipated funds from said account.”

Terry Ellen Mahoney also claims that in the last two years Tim Mahoney “dissipated marital assets” and asks for a full accounting of the transactions so that she can collect her share.

Tim Mahoney, who has admitted to “numerous” affairs, said he paid Patricia Allen of Hobe Sound, a former staffer with whom he was romantically linked, $121,000 out of his own pocket to settle a sexual harassment lawsuit Allen threatened.

In a petition for dissolution of marriage filed Monday by Stuart attorney Karen Steger in the North Palm Beach County Courthouse, Terry Mahoney says the couple’s marriage is “irretrievably broken and should be dissolved.”
    Tim Mahoney said Friday he won’t withdraw from his re-election bid or resign from his District 16 seat, which includes portions of Martin and St. Lucie counties.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Power CUer
    Well, that's more direct and refreshing than the "stand by your man" attitude.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

How long until the mistress poses for Playboy?

Isn't $121,000 what it cost Jim Bakker to temporarily silence Jessica Hahn? What's wrong with whores today? Why haven't their prices kept up with inflation?

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    What's wrong with whores today? Why haven't their prices kept up with inflation?
    Insufficiently unionized?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Insufficiently unionized?

I thought they had a union called COYOTE (Call Off Your Old, Tired Ethics). I read about it in my sociology class in college. The funny thing was that the text in which I read about it also had a photo, and one of the women in the photo strongly resembled the mother of a friend of mine, enough to make me really wonder.